Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwalker View Post
    I just started Theft of Swords and I am very pleased so far.
    I'll definitely second this. I'm almost done and it's been great fun.

There are some really awesome versions of the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant narrated by Scott Brick. He does such a great job on this series and is one of the reasons I've gotten hooked on it.

Another of my favorite audiobooks is Tolkien's Children of Hurin, narrated by Christopher Lee. Lee's voice is just so perfect for this style of book.

Thanks guys!

I am going to add first law trilogy and theft of swords to my "listen que."

I really wish I could read sometimes, but I am always on the go and audiobook form is perfect for me. So I'm always on the lookout for not only a great book, but a great narrator reading a great book - it's an awesome experience!

I think no one mentioned Stephen King's Dark tower, read by George Guidall. I don't listen to many audiobooks but found that one rally captivating!

I just saw that Erikson's Gardens of the Moon is out in audio format on Audilbe. This is a new one for me. I wonder it will be easier to get into while trapped in a car rather than being unengaged when I tried to read it.

Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlyle Clark View Post
    I'll definitely second this. I'm almost done and it's been great fun.

Thanks! ;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daudi81 View Post
    Thanks guys!

I really wish I could read sometimes, but I am always on the go and audiobook form is perfect for me. So I'm always on the lookout for not only a great book, but a great narrator reading a great book - it's an awesome experience!
    Thanks for including my books in your choices. I do hope you enjoy. I do think you'll be happy with your selections.

I just started Theft of Swords and I am very pleased so far.
    I finished this today. It was awesome! I will definitely be picking up the rest of the series, either in audio or book or both formats.

Blog Entries
    I finished this today. It was awesome! I will definitely be picking up the rest of the series, either in audio or book or both formats.
    Nice! Glad you liked it.

Wow good call on the Riyria books. Almost done and it's an excellent series. Going to tell all my friends about this one!

Also finished the First Law series, it was excellent as well. I like the narrator/actor on the Abercrombie books more, but preferred the Riyria story more. Both are excellent though and thanks for the suggestions!

I would recommend checking out Orson Scott Card's books on audible, great books in themselves but also because they use both male and female voice actors for true immersion

I recently finished The Dirty Streets of Heaven on audio. It was well done, and has potential as a great new series.

Thanks guys!

This may be useless advice. But the only time I have to actually READ a book, is right before bed. Every night I go to bed, read a chapter or so, then go to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Wow good call on the Riyria books. Almost done and it's an excellent series. Going to tell all my friends about this one!
    Thanks so much - The books are getting a lot of "love" on audible - even made one of the editor's Best of 2012 lists! Thanks for helping to spread the word.