King of the Lurkers. Moderator Keyoke's Avatar

Middle Kingdom - Wingrove - 2012.

Anyone read this? It looks like the Ebook is available through amazon and kobo.

Really curious as how it compares to the original, and wether it's stood the test of time. I did enjoy the first one quite abit. And I was just recently in China so my interest is very piqued.

Keyoke

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Our review should go up tomorrow, Keyoke. The 'new' Middle Kingdom is pretty much the same as before, but half the original book. The fourth book, Fire & Ice is the other half of the original Middle Kingdom.

In summary, the book has political manoeuvring that is intelligent and complex, an impressive range of varied characters, and cultural world-building that is supremely effective. Itís engaging, itís exciting and itís great to be back in the Chung Kuo world. I envy anyone yet to read this for the first time.
    Mark
    Mark

King of the Lurkers. Moderator Keyoke's Avatar
    Look forward to the review. Of lates I had a real problem getting into any book, so, this might be the one (Daylight and Middle) to start up. I never read the orginals, but, always wanted to. When it was annouced that they were being re-released, decided to wait.

Keyoke

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Review's up (with links to Book One and Two in the review) HERE

Mark
    Mark