500 Internal Server Error when trying to create new thread in Stories sub-forum

I keep getting the error message below when I try to post a story to the Stories sub-forum. I can post successfully elsewhere. Attempts to email webmaster@sffworld.com as instructed are bounced back with a notice that delivery was "rejected by the server of the recipient."

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@sffworld.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.6 Server at www.sffworld.com Port 80

I was able to add the thread by posting "TESTTESTTEST," but any attempts to edit the post by pasting in my story result in the same error. I have never had this issue before. I have copied and pasted from Google Drive, Word, and Notepad to try to weed out any formatting, and always the error occurs. I'm not close to any kind of character limit, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I've attempted to paste into other forums and continue to receive the same error. Pasting as plain text does not work. I can copy and paste from existing posts, but apparently not from outside sources.

Apparently the issue is stemming from the number of words I'm attempting to paste. Pasting in a small paragraph is successful. Larger ones produce the error. Seems like there's a character limit in place that's lower than normal.

There definitely seems to be an extremely low word character limit in place.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Morning Rich: sorry for not seeing this earlier. Had a quick check through of the settings. Seems to be 20 000 characters, which should be enough for most posts! Will check again though.

Later Edit: have changed it to 50 000; just in case! Should be more than enough, though.
    Last edited by Hobbit; February 23rd, 2013 at 06:44 AM.
    Mark

Nope, just tried pasting it in again and got the same error. But I was able to paste in an older story direct from Google Drive with no issues, so now I'm wondering if there's something going on with the formatting of this particular story.

EDIT: Juts pasted in another story with no issues. Just this one is causing problems. Is there some kind of language filter in place I might unknowingly be tripping? I can't think of anything potentially objectionable in this thing, but I've seen weirder things on message boards.
    Last edited by DailyRich; February 23rd, 2013 at 07:00 AM.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is there some kind of language filter in place I might unknowingly be tripping? I can't think of anything potentially objectionable in this thing, but I've seen weirder things on message boards.
    Not that I can see: the language filter would take out words (or rather blank out letters) rather than stop posts being posted.

Try from Wordpad, say?

Hmm. Will go and have another root around. Apologies, Rich: will let you know if I can find anything.

M.
    Mark

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey Hobbit, in case you were not aware of it, but several other members have experienced the same thing. It is the same problem that Fung Koo had about a month ago (that we talked about and was when Fung figured out the smilie problem). Anyway, we figured out it was a single word that was causing the problem. He changed that word (something innocuously, like, 'select' or something) and it posted fine. Not sure if that helps, but there it is.