Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I read all three, and though I cannot deny Sanderson's talent for plotting, it was not one of my favored series. I probably wouldn't have read all three if I'd not bought them as a set. He obviously has his fans, though---I read that he's been selected to finish the Robert Jordan series.

Quote Originally Posted by ediehl View Post
    I read all three, and though I cannot deny Sanderson's talent for plotting, it was not one of my favored series. I probably wouldn't have read all three if I'd not bought them as a set. He obviously has his fans, though---I read that he's been selected to finish the Robert Jordan series.
    Yeah he has been selected...7years ago. =) He's already written 2 out of the 3 final books for the WoT series. And I have read them all and he has done not just an admirable job, he's been amazing imo.

I am a little disappointed so far in book3 of Mistborn. I'm about halfway through and pretty much nothing has happened so far. It's like a really slow reveal as to what is actually going on. He gives us a tiny piece each chapter. I feel that this is the final book, things should be going nuts right now! I'm sure it picks up soon! I really liked the first 2, they weren't my favorites by any means, but they are good reads. As I said before, I think my enjoyment may be heightened by the fact that I read this right after Malazan. So it was a really nice compliment to such a thick series such as malazan. Which I loved as well, but I didn't take many breaks and read roughly 14 malazan books in a row! So the light simple reading of Mistborn felt refreshing.

Imo Sanderson has definitely improved as an author since writing this series.

I read Mistborn last year and really liked it so I bought the trilogy and jumped right into Well of Ascension. After being about 1/3 of the way through I found it dragging quite a bit and put it down...decided to pick it back up a few days ago and got straight back into it. It was good to be back with the characters and story (and to find out what happens), but it was a very enjoyable read.

I've decided that I can't jump straight into the next book in the series - it's too much of an overload of the same characters or something. Anyway I'm going to wait a few months until I read The Hero of Ages - reckon I'll enjoy it more that way.

Did I really just finish 3 books in less than a month. I just finished Hero of Ages last night. For simplicity sake I'm just going to spoiler everything...
    Spoiler:

The book was a little boring until the last 1/4. It was nice to get a little more info on how things work. I was pleasantly surprised though. Again, I feel like I am decent at guessing these things and he surprised me once again. Even during book 2 I was thinking "I wouldn't be surprised if Elend ending up being the Hero, not Vin." And I even thought that was the case, because in the middle of this book TenSoon said "The hero will lead an army of mistborn to the homeland" Meaning his, hathsin place. And Elend did that....Vin didn't...Saze didn't. So I am still slightly confused by that statement. Minus that, what happened in the end, Saze being the true hero and combining the two forces. And his Religious Metal Minds having such an important role to play. Very cool. Anyways, not the greatest writing skill in this series. Definitely not as good as his WoT versions. But I thought this STORY was very very well thoughtout. Came together very good, was a really fun read. No major complaints.

Except, what is the 15th and 16th metal. Why not tell us?! Should I look it up, or will that ruin something that happens in Allow of Law?

Now my only question is what to read next....

The Riyria Revelations (Michael J. Sullivan) - I had planned to read this, but didn't. I heard there is a good audio version, which makes it easy for me to read a book quickly.
    Death Dealer (James Silke) - Not convinced of the quality of this series. But it is a favorite of a friend of mine, and I've been telling him forever that I'd read it.
    The Hobbit(JRR) - Considering this one because of the movie coming out.
    Last edited by chris777; November 16th, 2012 at 07:51 AM.

I had the chance to go to San Diego Comicon. It was amazing. Got to spend some time with Brandon, and he was definitely a great guy, and very open about his writing. He loves what he does, and seems just amazed that the stories, he has been writing for years, has become so popular. I asked him, how he writes so much and stays on pace, because he has ALOT of projects going on, and writes very fast. He said that he is able, to because when he feels tired on one project he can switch to another for a little while, and it keeps him excited, and working hard on everything. Mistborn was amazing, and ive enjoyed the originality of all his work. He has a great way of creating new systems of magic. Stormlight was one of the best ive read in the last year.