Cliffs for Prince of Thorns? (spoilers)

I just started King of Thorns and I'm having problems remembering the latter half of Prince of Thorns. Anyone know of a summary or could anyone summarize it in a few bullet points? I wish all books in series would start each one with a summary of the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    I'm worried about seeing any KoT spoilers.

The New ... MARK LAWRENCE Mark Lawrence's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pat of the eponymous Hotlist asked me the same thing, and I said: This is my shot at it - there really isn't much you _need_ to remember, though hopefully the more you do recall, the more richness is added.

-----

Prince of Thorns – what you need to remember for King of Thorns

Jorg's mother and younger brother were killed by his uncle's men when he was 9 - he saw it happen from a thorn bush he'd been thrown into.

Prince Jorg has now taken his uncle’s castle in the Renar Highlands.
    Jorg’s father remains secure in Ancrath. His new wife’s sister, Katherine, took Jorg’s fancy. She saved his life when his father stabbed him. He killed Katherine’s maid and broke a vase over Katherine’s head before escaping.

Jorg took his uncle’s castle with the help of two leucrota, the huge Gorgoth, and little Gog who is developing fire-magics as he grows and mutates.

Jorg was also aided by Coddin, a senior captain of his father’s army.

And Sir Makin (a road-brother and former captain of Jorg’s father’s guard). A collection of other road-brothers helped too, most notable among the survivors being the vicious giant Rike, and the deadly warrior Red Kent.

Jorg’s father employed (and may have been manipulated by) a dream-witch named Sageous. Other individuals with various magical talents appear to stand behind many of the Broken Empire’s thrones, manipulating events.

The Broken Empire lies in our future, a thousand years after a devastating nuclear war.

Good recap and just having finished the book I must say I loved it. I'm really looking forward to King of Thorns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Lawrence View Post
    Pat of the eponymous Hotlist asked me the same thing, and I said: This is my shot at it - there really isn't much you _need_ to remember, though hopefully the more you do recall, the more richness is added.

-----

Prince of Thorns – what you need to remember for King of Thorns

Jorg's mother and younger brother were killed by his uncle's men when he was 9 - he saw it happen from a thorn bush he'd been thrown into.

Prince Jorg has now taken his uncle’s castle in the Renar Highlands.
    Jorg’s father remains secure in Ancrath. His new wife’s sister, Katherine, took Jorg’s fancy. She saved his life when his father stabbed him. He killed Katherine’s maid and broke a vase over Katherine’s head before escaping.

Jorg took his uncle’s castle with the help of two leucrota, the huge Gorgoth, and little Gog who is developing fire-magics as he grows and mutates.

Jorg was also aided by Coddin, a senior captain of his father’s army.

And Sir Makin (a road-brother and former captain of Jorg’s father’s guard). A collection of other road-brothers helped too, most notable among the survivors being the vicious giant Rike, and the deadly warrior Red Kent.

Jorg’s father employed (and may have been manipulated by) a dream-witch named Sageous. Other individuals with various magical talents appear to stand behind many of the Broken Empire’s thrones, manipulating events.

The Broken Empire lies in our future, a thousand years after a devastating nuclear war.
    Uh, did you even read the first one? J/k, thanks for the summary. There were a couple pieces I had forgotten but now I remember them clearly. I'm looking forward to this second part. TIA for the good read because I'm sure I'll love it like the first one.