Thread: Black Spring

Black Spring

Hey guys haven't been around in a while but thought you'd all like to see this:

http://booksofpellinor.blogspot.com/...ly-bronte.html

http://booksofpellinor.blogspot.com/...0-already.html

Basically alison is busy working her little socks off, and has managed to squeeze in writing a first draft of a new book! Not a pellinor book, but nonetheless still massively exciting. Apparently it's called black spring and well... i let you read it yourselves. Suspect it won't be out for a while as its only just finished as a first draft, but something to look forward to!

Enjoy.

Cel

Wow, it's you! Welcome back!

Um . . . It's very exciting news, isn't it?

Blog Entries
    Oh wow! It sounds really good. I'm a big fan of Emily Bronte, so anything remotely similar to her I'm bound to love; add fantasy and Alison's sheer brilliance and it'll be amazing.

Oh, you flatterers... (No, it's all right, I don't mind).

I'm sorry I've been so absent, but yes, this novel is one of the things I've been doing. Instead of calming down, life has just got busier and busier on all fronts, and sometimes I think I just need to clone myself. But hey. Still amazed that I managed to get a novel written!

I'm sure anyone who likes my work and likes Emily Bronte will find this one interesting, but I have to say it is rather bleak. Not that Wuthering Heights is the happiest book in the world.

Common sense ain't common Maiablackwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In a somewhat similar manner to The Crow?

(I'm in no matter what the answer be. )

Black Spring has a cover! Look how pretty it is!

The blurb

Lina is enchanting, vibrant but wilful. And her eyes betray her for what she truly is a witch. With her childhood companion, Damek, she has grown up privileged and spoilt and the pair are devoted to each other to the point of obsession. But times are changing. Vendetta is coming. And tragedy is stalking the halls of the Red House. A stunning new novel by Alison Croggon, inspired by the Gothic classic Wuthering Heights.
    Looks like the release date is October 1st for Australia and New Zealand

The UK date appears to be 1 January 2013. Or at least you'll be able to order the book quite cheaply from online bookstores from that date (details in my post below).
    Last edited by Gemini; August 13th, 2012 at 06:21 PM.

✫High Bard of the Reading ServalSpirit's Avatar
    I.....can't......wait....!!!!!!!!!!

No results come in when I search it on amazon

It's listed on the Book Depository website, and they have free worldwide shipping. So I reckon they're your best bet to buy from.

I've ordered from them before and I've never had any problems, also shipping is usually quite fast.

Version released on 1 Jan 2013 - Current price: 10.49 AUD, 11.03 USD, 7.03 GBP, 8.94 EUR

Version released on 1 Oct 2012 - Price not yet listed (It'll probably be at least twice as expensive because it's the Aussie version and Aussie books are always more expensive)
    Last edited by Gemini; August 13th, 2012 at 06:17 PM.