The new forum search engine

Maybe I am doing it wrong, but I am finding the new search engine to be horrendous. You can't narrow your search to a specific forum, you can't make the results be shown as threads instead of posts, and the worst so far is that I cant seem to get it to search for compound words.

For example, I am trying to look up "Sandman Slim" for some reviews and the search engine would return all results that either has the word sandman or slim in it. With the old search engine, to search for compound words, all I had to do was put quotations on them, but that does not work with the new engine. I have also tried other default syntaxes seen in regular search engines such as "Sandman+Slim" and "Sandman and Slim", but nothing seem to be working.

Hopefully I am just doing it wrong.

Prefers to be anomalous intensityxx's Avatar
    I've been away for awhile, but have just spent 15 minutes trying to search an author name within quotation marks, with pages of results based on either the first name or the last name. I should have gotten a few results with specifically that first and last name. Then I tried site searching using Google, but got zero results for every word I entered (even the ultra-popular ones), so I guess Google search doesn't work here either.

I'm frustrated enough to look elsewhere for my info. I hope next time I come back the searches work better.

edit: that sounded harsher than I meant. Just a bug report.
    Last edited by intensityxx; October 20th, 2012 at 12:39 AM.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry to hear the search function is not working to your satisfaction. We upgraded the site and are still working out all the bugs. Hopefully we will figure it out soon!

Prefers to be anomalous intensityxx's Avatar
    Looking forward to it. This place is the greatest!

Over a year later and the search function still doesn't work optimally.