Thread: OBSOLETE!

OBSOLETE!

Greetings!

My name is Rich, and I'm the publisher of a magazine called OBSOLETE! We focus on technology, society and obsolescence, and publish essays, short stories, poems and artwork that inform that discussion. I'm on a hunt for writers for our next issue, "SciFi/DIY". Since I'm a newbie here, I didn't want to just start trolling the forums with my request, but maybe some of you vets could tell me where and how to best get the word out? Here's my pitch:
    Call for Submissions
    OBSOLETE! Magazine is seeking high quality writing and artwork for the upcoming issue. The theme of OBSOLETE #7 is SciFi/DIY, and will explore the interconnection between science fiction and the rise of DIY culture.
    Short fiction, essays, poetry, illustrations, comics and photography will all be considered. You may submit completed work or pitch a story idea. Some story ideas might include: The history of zines and/or fan fiction, the influence of scifi on technology, the rise of “Cons”, “Citizen Science”, Geek and “Maker “Culture.
    The deadline for submissions is November 30th. OBSOLETE! offers token payment for original content but we also consider previously published material or excerpts from upcoming books. OBSOLETE! is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 license.
    For more information, please visit obsolete-press.com or email Rich at obmag@feral-tech.com

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Greetings, Rich. This is the appropriate spot for promotions and requests like this (not sure if the Promotion Zone was where you first put this, but its here now and that's fine).

Do you have a website for your magazine yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    Greetings, Rich. This is the appropriate spot for promotions and requests like this (not sure if the Promotion Zone was where you first put this, but its here now and that's fine).

Do you have a website for your magazine yet?
    Thanks! Yes, you can view back issues online at http://obsolete-press.com/magazines/

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great site. I think I may have an idea...

Great! I look forward to hearing from you. Please spread the word!