Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo 2012

sf-icionado / horr-orator Andrew Leon Hudson's Avatar
    I know I won't get more done today, but I've finished my new opening chapter so I'm happy. Takes my NaNo-total to 2700.

I'm at 13k, but I'm running into a funny problem. I totally pantsed my way through last year, and this year I thought I would be smart and plot ahead of time. So I spent September and October doing research and figuring out the story in my head. The problem is that since I know what happens already, it's been harder for me to be excited about writing it down. D'oh!

Now at 19,140 words, and with all day tomorrow to write, I'm hoping to hit 22-23,000 by the end of tomorrow. I've got the beginning done, and just finished the ending tonight, so now I have the fun middle parts to write for the rest of the month!

I only had time to write yesterday, did 7,200 words.
    Igor

I added another 5000, which puts me at about 11000 for the month.
    I think if I reach my goal I still won't be done, so that will be my secondary goal, to finish the first draft.
    It's the very definition of rough--sigh.

B5

sf-icionado / horr-orator Andrew Leon Hudson's Avatar
    Well, after a weekend unavoidably doing other things, and after discovering a story note this morning that somewhat undermined what I had managed to produce last week, I've spent the day revising my WIP and now find myself...

...down by about fifty words. Roll on tomorrow.

I had a poor weekend with life intruding and am up to 16,435 words now. I think I only tacked on around 1,500 words over the weekend, and those should be my most productive times since the day job isn't in the way. For a few days beforehand I was coming close to that line that shows how many words you should be at to be on pace, but now I'm falling off from it. I hope to get the opportunity tonight to write and make up some of it.

I'm at 20,800 words, and hopefully I'll get a chance to tack on another 1,000 or so tonight after kids' sports stuff. I'm still above the curve, but I want to get way ahead of it so that those average numbers to finish look nice and easy.

After tonight's bout, I'm at 22,563 words. Tough sledding, now.

I counted my current November throughput - 39,400 words so far.
    Igor

NaNoWriMo craziness. Good luck all! Forcing myself not to take part this year due to my last year of college taking up so much of my time. Hoping to get back into writing after graduation in the spring!

PS: I am insanely jealous of you writing fiends, keep up the crazy-mad-awesome writing!

Okay, I kind of stalled for a few days. I hope to be back on track for the next few days.

After last night's writing group, I'm at 25152 words.

I've also been stalled...it feels like the universe is conspiring against me in staying on pace. Now sitting at just 19878. I think I've written less than 2000 words the last three days.

Now sitting at 27,835 words. Keep it up!