Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo 2012

sf-icionado / horr-orator Andrew Leon Hudson's Avatar
    Listen, it's all about the quality, right guys?

Right?

So, anyway, I wrote around another thousand words today. That puts me on about 3.5k for the month, not including other things. Aaaaand, it wasn't so much prose as it was plotting notes. But, you know? Woooo, Nano, yay.

I'm definitely behind, but still moving forward...

I did 5,900 today, bringing my Nov tally to 45, 300.
    Igor

I've quit at 16762 words. Was fun, but real life is too demanding. Renovations at home, work, family, I don't have the energy to keep it up.
    It was fun to try though and see how quickly the story swelled. /shrug Maybe I can find the time and energy to do a short or a flash this month instead.
    And, igor ... damn!

I actually started my book three on Aug 15 and I plan to finish it before Dec 15.
    It will run some 230K words, and I have last 8 chapters to do, or approx. 25K words.
    That will turn out in 120 days, average 2k/day, with mostly weekend writing.
    Igor

I'm currently at 33,585 words. I'm hoping to get another 2,000 today and some tomorrow to stay ahead of the curve, since I'll be traveling most of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

I'm trying really hard to catch up with the par number of 31,666 for today. I'm sitting at around 30,500 after writing some this morning. I hope to have the chance this evening. Although I'm thankful to be catching up with "par," I'm pretty worried about hitting 50k by the end of the month, because Wednesday-Sunday I'm going to be traveling and with family the whole time.

To those still in it! Keep going!

My novel is about a loner who is obsessed with numbers one day experiencing deja vu, followed by finding a strange black cube in his car after it is stolen. He receives communications from someone who seems to be his alter-ego in dreams and through the black cube, and becomes convinced he has to save the world, but he doesn't know how. He obeys the communications as he receives them, and ultimately pairs up with a superhero and a physicist in order to accomplish the mission.

What are yours about?

After last night I'm up to 35,109 words, heading into the Thanksgiving break. I've got a nice buffer for the holiday weekend.

Mine is about a clan of old Norse, burdened with a dark curse, who land on the shores of a new land, after hearing stories from previous Northmen of the fertile land with its thick forests. They hope to start a new life there, after brutal fights in the North drive them out. But the stories are not what they seem when they encounter the natives, who harbor untold powers of their own.

So what I've got is basically a renegade clan of Norse who have been cursed with lycanthropy, and when they reach their new world they find it populated with natives that somehow have gained genetic vampiric powers (no diamond skin, though).
    Last edited by Wilson Geiger; November 20th, 2012 at 03:26 PM.

I got up to a little over 10,000 tortuous, dragged from my brain words and I just don't like any of it. I had a neat idea, but it hasn't turned into much of a story. I've basically been throwing a bunch of clay into a heap hoping it turns into a sculpture, but all I've got to show for it is a big mound of clay.

A big mound though, there is that. I've managed a single, acceptable chapter of an existing project, so only small clay here. Better (but also worse) was two periods of very useful chapter planning - except that the second of those means I'm going to have to entirely rewrite that one chapter I actually finished... the story will be much stronger for it in the long run, but it still feels a bit annoying right now.

At least you both have clay.

Yesterday and today I wrote 8,200 words, that brings me to: 53,500. Mission accomplished!
    But I still need to finish my book. Six chapters left.
    Igor

Congratulations! If you continue at that pace you should have the rest done before the end of the month too.

Stupid holiday. :grumble:

Maybe 1-200 words written over the holiday weekend, family had the whole weekend planned out for us, so I barely had any time to myself to get anything done. I've got the rest of this coming week to get around 13,000 words out. And I have a nine-hour drive tomorrow.

The holiday has slowed me down a lot. I'm at 39k now and I think par for today is 43k. I will really have to pull out all the stops to get up over 50. I am nervously crossing my fingers and plowing forward.