Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo 2012

Noumenon - answers to Nou Andrew Leon Hudson's Avatar
    Lack of progress, in my case. The minute the month begins I get sent a script to report on for the first time in ages (I do that occasionally for a company in the UK) and since then the world has intruded in other mild mannered ways.

Alongside a piffling 800 words of chapter I did write, I finished off blurb-texts for my project... but JM now makes me feel like a faker.

Man I hate writing without my partner.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjasa View Post
    Man I hate writing without my partner.
    Hmmmm, care to elaborate?

@Noumenon - well, you are doing better than I.

I have to work today (again!), but I'm getting all of Thanksgiving week off (yes!) so I'll smoke you all then!!!

I'm 6,031 words in so far. I couldn't write at all yesterday due to other commitments, but I had to come into work today in case support was needed, so I was able to write for several hours unhindered.

Hope to get another 800-1,000 words in this evening, too.

Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    Hmmmm, care to elaborate?

@Noumenon - well, you are doing better than I.

I have to work today (again!), but I'm getting all of Thanksgiving week off (yes!) so I'll smoke you all then!!!
    Almost all of my writing I do with my writing partner. I find I have a lot of enthusiasm and motivation working with him, and I feel really confident in what we develop.

Writing on my own, I end up procrastinating a bunch and feeling that the plotting is falling really short of where I want it to be.

It seems fated that November start with me in the middle of something, then someone like my son (who is doing NaMoWriMo on his own I believe) reminds me of what month it is.

So, you guys are stuck with me. I've recently revisited a project I'd neglected. So far I've added about 1000 words, let's say my goal for the month is 25K more.

Noumenon - answers to Nou Andrew Leon Hudson's Avatar
    Almost all of my writing I do with my writing partner. I find I have a lot of enthusiasm and motivation working with him, and I feel really confident in what we develop.

Writing on my own, I end up procrastinating a bunch and feeling that the plotting is falling really short of where I want it to be.
    Glad to hear it - the procrastinating too - because, reading your first post, I thought you´d lost a loved one.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, consider this a kick in the butt - WRITE!

(Not sure how motivational that was...)

B5 - glad to see you on board! I will do my best to write my measly 666 words today, but no promises.

Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    Well, consider this a kick in the butt - WRITE!

(Not sure how motivational that was...)

B5 - glad to see you on board! I will do my best to write my measly 666 words today, but no promises.
    Since you kicked someone in the butt, my turn: Promise it!

I'm at a little over 6K words. Just a little off the pace, but I hope I can pick it up.

Jim

I'm currently sitting at 8,537 words. After all the soccer is done this evening I hope to have some more time to write.

Oh noes, I'm lagging behind! Still, I have been able to just write when I've had the time and be able not to stop and twiddle and edit and ponder, just write. It feels good. The block of text I just wrote down...I felt it wasn't good, not all it could be...but at the same time a character surprised me (and this is a first for me, I've always read about how authors have their characters come up with surprises), and the character surprised me BIG TIME lol and now I am at a loss but I refuse to go back and edit, this is going forward forward...glad I am trying this out for the first time, it's fun.

Blog Entries
    What exactly is it? I've been out of it for few months and a writing challenge might be just what I need. If it's not too late 5 days into the month.

I'm at 2500 words, not quite hitting the thousand mark every day like I wanted. I should have a good block of time to work tomorrow.

Oh, and it's never too late. Adjust your goal accordingly.

B5

qq I have a stomach flu.