Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo 2012

Work stopped me from writing sunday and today, but I got 2,600 words on monday.
    Igor

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Never too late to join in on the fun, AZim. Just state a goal and try to make it.

I just can't write in the evening at the moment. Concentration is shot. I'll try writing before going into work tomorrow. 0 added words for yesterday and today. Ug.

Currently sitting at 11,766 words. Not sure this project will go anywhere, but it's been a blast being able to focus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Noumenon View Post
    Glad to hear it - the procrastinating too - because, reading your first post, I thought youŽd lost a loved one.
    Oh no! Thankfully!

I am sick now, though, which has been putting a damper on things.

Hey everyone so I'm pretty new around here. I was decidedly NOT going to do NaNoWriMo but now I've been feeling challenged to do so! So while holding my breath, I started yesterday...I have some catching up to do so wish me luck.

Andrew, if you're not sure you're up to the full level of NaNoWriMo's 50,000 words, I'd set a more manageable goal and try to stick to it. Even if it's only 10,000 words, making your goal is the important part.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree, Andrew. Go for the full 1667 words if you can, but if this is your first time, tread carefully. With that said, my first time I went all out and finished with over 60k or so. It can be done!

And, after that push, I will have to bail out of this thing I started. So sorry, folks. I've got a huge project at work that requires tons of overtime. I will be challenged to meet any obligation this month, let alone my InNoWriMo. (sigh)

Please continue on with out me.

Igor, Nou, Wulfen, and all the rest - go go go go go...you can do it!

Yes ... I hope I'll manage another 12-14K over the weekend.
    Igor

After tonight's write-in (which was very hard, some funny people that liked to make us all laugh), I sit at 13,740 words. Around 2,000 done today; hard to believe I'm averaging almost 2,000 words a day!

Another 2500 words since last time. So far I've logged 6000 for this month, and for my WIP it brings me up to 25000- my best guess is that I'm about a third done. I think I'll be doing good if I can do 1000 a day, anything over that is frosting.

B5

Noumenon - answers to Nou Andrew Leon Hudson's Avatar
    I'm reluctantly admitting to myself that, once again, I seem to be participating in the National No Writing Month.

...no. No. NO! No, damnit, no! I will write something today!

*crowd goes wild*

Thanks for the encouragement. I have been really excited about the novel I am writing the last couple days, ideas are flowing, and I am up over 9,000 words now. So I am actually on pace to make up the ground, thankfully. And hoping I can sustain a bit of a higher pace, since the Thanksgiving holiday is likely to interfere with output. My family and I will be traveling out-of-state to see my folks. On the other hand, there might be good opportunities for writing over the break.

Ignore my previous post about vegans surviving a zombie holocaust. That idea came to nothing. I'm now working on a new one. 50 shades of Green BDSMistic exoticism with vegetables! Can't fail.

Noumenon - answers to Nou Andrew Leon Hudson's Avatar
    Chalk me up to 1750 words, which is about 1000 more than I had.

Struggling to find the time to actually write...been sitting @ about 9000 words for days now This including stuff I *know* I'd never use because the story kind of changed, but still.. will try to get something writtten in the weekend. Still fun though