Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question Best werewolf novels

Y'know, I love vampires, but I also love werewolves. It seems that there are plenty of good stories out there about vampires, but not a lot about werewolves. The only series of novels about werewolves I've heard/read of is Werewolf: The Apocolypse. which looks really good by the way. Could somebody here please help me out?

Robert R. McCammon's 'The Wolf's Hour'.

Jack Williamson's 'Darker Than You Think'.

And Clive Barker's 'Twillight in the Towers' from the Mammoth Book of Werewolf short stories.

That should start you off.

The White Wolf novels centreing on Werewolves that I read were generally more for kids / young adults, and IMO mostly interesting only if you're interested in that RPG line.

Loveable Rogue Moderator juzzza's Avatar
    Cycle of the Werewolf is a nice package with the illustrations, but not much meat to it... I think it is what they based the movie 'Silver Bullet' on... Stephen King wrote it by the way in case you didn't know.

They're not really werewolves in Wolfen by Whitley Streiber, but it's a great read. It was written before he was abducted by aliens.

"Moon Dance" by S.P. Somtow
    "The Talisman" by Stephen King and Peter Straub (has a werewolf character)
    "Prowlers", "Predator and Prey" and "Wild Things" by Christopher Golden
    Last edited by RandallFlagg; January 9th, 2004 at 04:58 PM.

I recently read a trilogy called "Legends of the Wolves" by Alice Borchardt (Anne Rice's sister).

This series is about werewolves, I enjoyed it a lot.

has anyone else read this series ? I have not seen any reference to this author in the forum lately.

Haven't seen that one. I tried to read another book by Alice Borchardt, and the writing was a bit sleepy. I have to be in the mood for that.

I remembered another couple of excellent werewolf novels -- The Passion and The Promise (2 books) by Donna Boyd. They're more historical (with a touch of romance) than they are horror, but they're extremely well-written.

Check this out!

I am very excited, and hope to see this person get published. http://beingwere.malefica.net/ I know the Author, so of course, I may be considered bias but I trully think her work has mass appeal and would have a great impact the fantacy community if it gets out there. She has it with a few publishers who are looking at its potential and her agent suggested she put a website up to start getting people to show enterest for the publisher to see. Thought I'd come post and let you guys know the author you've been waiting for is coming! Sign her guest book on the site if you agree and lets see if we can't get the publishers butts in gear

The Werewolf of Paris by Guy Endore

If you don't mind short stories, Werewolf! edited by Bill Pronzini, is a really good collection.

Randy M.

http://freesf.strandedinoz.com/wordpress/
    Read Darker Than You Think the other day, pretty good.

There is also Thor, by Wayne Smith, from a dog's point of view even. That was fun.

Didn't much care for Moon Dance by S. P. Somtow.

Do like Wolfen.

Kelley Armstrong can take it or leave it, more towards the paranormal romance type of thing.

Kelly Armstrong - Were Novels.

IMHO the Kelly Armstrong were novels just didnt stand up to par with me. I really couldnt get into the plots and sub-plots of the novels. Also they were extremely dry in some areas (there is only so many times that I can go running with the were's, I understank Kelly, the wolfs like to run together) also there is minimal romance in the novels, but thats if you are interested in romance, I would rather read about them tearing something apart.

But like I said this my opionion, take it or leave it. .. . . . .

Talking Werewolves-please Read This, It May Be Long, But I'm Dying With A Lack Of A Good Read

It really stinks that u can never find a good werewolf book, and when u do, theirs either never a sequel, or the the sequels suck. If ur looking for a good one though, one thats a little bit more mature that ur average teen "aaaa, i've been bit, aaaa im a wolf, aaaa, aaaa, aaaa"...who cares!...read bitten. It's not a 10, but its definately a 8.5-9 on a scale of 1-10. It's easy to read and addicting. It's a combo of lust and power, and everything good u expect to be in a werewolf story. anyway, now that i've told u about BITTEN, can anyone RECOMEND A GOOD WEREWOLF BOOK TO ME? no scifi crap, but a good, werewolf book where theirs a humane plot...not all alien like but an average life of someone mixed up in a werewolf life thank you, and please hurry, my imagination is depleating of hope.....arrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

An oldie but goodie is "The Undying Monster" by Jessie Douglas Kerruish. It deals with a familys 1000 year old curse that has to do with black magic and norse legend. The book was published in 1922 and still holds up today. You can also read it online.

good book

i found this book called red ridders hood its really good its about werwoflfs and its got a few parts with vampires its a really good book u guys should read it

There seem to be a lot more supernatural horror lite on the shelves, post-Buffy, with a plethora of werewolf / vampire fiction (some with a heavy YA bent). Here I'm think of Shan, Blake, Huff et all.

A lot of it contrasts markedly with what has gone before (McCammon, Williamson, Streiber) in terms of who it is aimed at.

It's an interesting divide.