new member promotion posts

I posted a thread about my book in the promotion zone about 4-5 days ago, and it hasn't shown up yet. I'm not complaining, just asking for guidance about how long posts take to be moderated and put on the site. I followed the rules of posting, describing my book, and putting an amazon link and link to my blogspot author page. It was similar to other posts that have appeared in the promotion zone. If the post has been rejected, I would like to enquire why. If it just hasn't been examined yet that's fine, just wanted a guideline as to how long it takes roughly for a thread to be moderated.

Thanks

Unless some sort of system has been implemented without public knowledge, I don't believe Promotion Zone posts need to be examined or moderated. It's entirely likely that your post either got eaten by the system or you didn't send it through correctly.

Feel free to try again.

Thanks for responding. When I submitted the post, a screen came up saying the post would be displayed as soon as it is moderated. Perhaps it is a first post thing?

Nope I tried resubmitting, and it said the same thing: Thank you for posting, your post will not be visible until a moderator approves it for posting, you will now be taken back to the forums. My post did not show up. Somehow I can not post in the self promotion forum without a moderator approving it. I'll wait to hear about the issue.

Uh, Moderator
    We've recently changed some settings to combat an influx of spam. I've approved the thread and it should now be available.

Thanks, it is now available.

Quote Originally Posted by Eventine View Post
    We've recently changed some settings to combat an influx of spam. I've approved the thread and it should now be available.
    Ah, I wasn't aware that had happened. Thanks for the clarification, Eventine.