Thread: Christmas

Published Novelist

Christmas

What are people going to read this holiday? I've been looking at books, but I haven't made a decision yet. B and N sure has a smaller selection than it used to.

It's a little early for me to be thinking about my Christmas read, but on vacation back in the US our next holiday is Thanksgiving (this Thursday). To celebrate I started a reread of The Briar King by Greg Keyes. The book is a pseudo-early American alternate history, fantasy-style, so it seemed to fit the holiday mood.
    Last edited by Whiskeyjack; November 18th, 2012 at 07:52 PM.

I want to be a princess sic's mom's Avatar
    After reading Winter of the World I am sort of in an historical set of mind. I am reading the Asian Cycle by James Clavell right now. Of to a good beginning with Noble House. Of course I am reading them backwards These five books should take up enough time till Butcher and Hearne come out with there new ones and the end of the month. Will be time for a break to read those and then finish Clavells books.

Brom's new book Krampus is sure looking good for the season, a much darker St. Nick's tale.

It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    I've been considering Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin and If on a Winter's Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino for a thematic end of year.

http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I will probably reward myself with a read of Red Country. More than likely I will get to it early. So maybe IQ84.

Quote Originally Posted by algernoninc View Post
    I've been considering Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin and If on a Winter's Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino for a thematic end of year.
    I have both of those, but I think I'm only likely to get to the Calvino. More likely still is The Ghost Writer by John Harwood.

Randy M.