Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

A MEMORY OF LIGHT finished

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Sanderson's twitter
    Ladies and gentlemen, A Memory of Light--the final book in The Wheel of Time--has been finished.
    More discussion at Tor.com

*Waves a little flag*

Well, not exactly finished. Still needs polishing, and a cover sorting since Mr Sweet recently passed away before... Oh, that's just made his passing even more tragic.

woot woot

woot woot

Now how long do we gotta wait to read it!

Awesome - this and the Hobbit trailer all on one day, its too much. I have stuck with this series through thick and thin. I can't wait for the pay off and I think it will be spectacular.

Thank God! Marvelous news. I am sad that Mr. Sweet won't get to do the last cover (though I by and large detested his cover art). Still, one of the things about the WoT is that it seems to require a Darrell K. Sweet cover art. It's tradition.
    So, the good news: I get to read the ENTIRE WoT again (last read one of those tomes back in 2004 or so).
    The bad news: I have to read the ENTIRE WoT. That's a lot of verbiage to get through.
    I'm curious how the series will seem to me twenty years from the last time I read the first three novels.

Wow. This is very exciting news. Yet at the same time its hard to believe that it can really actually be finished. Its seemed larger than life to me for so long now.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Good news. I've been waiting for this, before I read any of Sanderson's WOT volumes. I'll probably read all three back-to-back sometime next year.

I have to say, having plunged into Towers of Midnight, Sanderson is doing a very good job writing in Jordanian. This was an incredibly hard job and so far I've had no real complaints. It's great to see the story unfold the way Jordan wanted.

That being said, I've found it very hard to start the books so far. There is a period between when I've bought them and when I actually start reading. It's like I have to get myself ready and not just because they are big. It's a little bit painful. But I'm glad there will be an ending.

Quote Originally Posted by KatG View Post
    I have to say, having plunged into Towers of Midnight, Sanderson is doing a very good job writing in Jordanian. This was an incredibly hard job and so far I've had no real complaints. It's great to see the story unfold the way Jordan wanted.
    I agree, Sanderson did a really good job emulating Jordan. I really enjoyed the last book.

I do hope it won't be more than another year before it comes out for sale.
    Being able to read the finish of the series has been near the top of my Bucket List.

Time is a finite thing for some of us.

I had like a physical reaction when I read this and it hit home that The Wheel of Time is finally finished. It's like the Berlin-Wall-toppling of fantasy, a momentous and long-awaited event.

Sanderson has done a kickass job and he is to be respected and celebrated for it IMO. Not an easy job or lightly undertaken and he has done brilliant work with it.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I do hope it won't be more than another year before it comes out for sale.
    Trying to remember what Brandon said at his book talk last month. Think it was planned for mid-year 2012: like June, but it may get pushed later. Certainly be out by this time next year, though!

Mark
    Mark

So just to clarify A Memory of Light is book 14 & the final book ? I have a feeling I've missed a book somewhere along the line (I've read 13).

Blog Entries
    Yup.

I'm fairly sure there's no plans for other stories in the WoT world either, unless there's notes available from Robert.

Pretty unlikely.

LATER EDIT: Here's the list:

1. The Eye of the World (1990)
    2. The Great Hunt (1990)
    3. The Dragon Reborn (1991)
    4. The Shadow Rising (1992)
    5. The Fires of Heaven (1993)
    6. Lord of Chaos (1994)
    7. A Crown of Swords (1996)
    8. The Path of Daggers (1998)
    9. Winter's Heart (2000)
    10. Crossroads of Twilight (2002)
    11. Knife of Dreams (2005)
    12. The Gathering Storm (2009) (with Brandon Sanderson)
    13. Towers of Midnight (2010) (with Brandon Sanderson)
    14. A Memory of Light (2012) (with Brandon Sanderson)

Mark
    Mark

You forgot one, Mark. There's a fifteenth book, the prequel.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that might be the confusion. Thanks, Loerwyn! New Spring was published in 2004, after a short story version in 1998.

Mark
    Mark