Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Site speed?

Site speed?

Might just be me, but is this site really quite sluggish for anyone else? It takes quite a while to respond to most actions, and topics feel as if they're loading on dial-up. I'm fine on other sites, so I'm just checkin'.

I like to rock the party Corporal Blues's Avatar
    I agree. I was thinking the same thing, then saw this post. Same situation on my end.

Here, too. I thought it might be residual problems from the hurricane, but it looks like it's a pretty global issue, so probably not to do with routing through the NE US. I am tending to get a lot of database errors, too, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Thirded - things are loading up properly, it is just doing so very slowly.

One interesting effect is that of the back button in Firefox. On several other V-bulletin fora, this gives an instant return to a cached page. At sffworld, you get a call to the DB and an updated page after a delay. Some sites force that behaviour for good security reasons by instructing the browser not to hold pages in cache. However, it is not obvious why sffworld would want users to call the DB again after reading a thread. The effect must be to slow everyone down although you do see any new threads after jumping back.

I just wanted to bump this thread. the forum has been really slow for me throughout the past week.

2 different networks, 3 different computers, Firefox at work, Chrome at home.

Same here. Only been happening in the last week or so.

I wouldn't say it's been "really slow" for me, but it is taking its time with accessing topics. I've been getting rare (but more frequent than normal) errors too.

Yup. Running fairly slow for me as well. I also often get the error saying the site needs 30 seconds between posts, when I don't hit the reply button twice. This happens basically after every post I submit. I've also seen quite a few accidental double posts by others.

The last 30-60 minutes, the site's pretty much just not worked, and it's been sluggish all evening.

It is so S.....L..........O...................W.

Yep. The site had remained consistently slow for me for the past couple weeks. Anyone have any kind of update?

Yeah, it's still pretty much unbearably slow for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Yep. The site had remained consistently slow for me for the past couple weeks. Anyone have any kind of update?
    I was told via PM that the admins are aware of the problem and are working to get it fixed, but it may take some time trying to figure it out with their server company.

Kat also promised to buy everyone affected ice cream.

It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    came here to complain abbout slow response of site, decided to get ice cream instead.

also found a new bug: I'm no longer receiving notifications by mail about replies to threads I'm subscribed into.