Banned

Help finding a book?

I know this is a scifi book, but the scifi forum appears to be all but dead compared to this, the mighty fantasy forum.

I've been trying to find Arthur C. Clarke's collection of short stories, 'The Nine Billion Names of God.' I've found it on audio tape, but I'd prefer to have the actual book.

I've gone to Borders and Barnes and Nobles and other companies, but no one seems to carry it. Is this book even obtainable anymore? It's becoming harder and harder to find anything by Clarke lately. For some inane reason, it seems as if for every 5 WoT books, there's only 1 novel by Gibson, Sterling or Clarke.

Qin

The Science Fiction forum is quite active and people post there daily.

Topic moved to SF Forum.

Amazon.com has it.

Susan

Another site to use when looking for stuff is http://www.bibliofind.com. It's now associated with Amazon.com, but still an excellent resource for finding old and unusual books.

Susan

A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    Also, his collection of short stories "Of Time and Stars" has "The Nine Billion Names of God" at number 1.

Hey, I'm doing well on these antique threads. Ha ha.

The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Volume One

That story is also in(The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Volume One)
    a very good book available from Amazon

You may find it easier to obtain "The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke". It's a compendium of just about every short that he ever wrote and so must contain all of the stories from "Nine Billion Names of God".