Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

How did you get here?

I've been wondering for a while now, especially with the forums growing so much.

How did YOU hear about the forums at SFFWORLD and the Web site itself?

Thanks

FitzFlagg

Well, my brother has been here quite long and he introduced this place to me. And must admit that that was very nice of him.. I introduced the site to my friends too.
    Last edited by Beldaran; February 27th, 2003 at 12:23 PM.

I would guess that I found it by Googling for a book review or an author name. I saw the forums and lurked for around 5 months before signing up.

I believe I was doing a search on A Song of Ice and Fire and google linked to a thread in this forum...

As I have no friends that read avidly, which saddens me, I think I found it on google while looking for something to pass the time with at work this past summer.

I went to Google.

Put in "fantasy forums" or something.

Came here.

I sent a message to one of the adminstrators about something and never got a reply, so I said,

"FINE! I'll just join the forums then!"

Last edited by Twelve; February 27th, 2003 at 02:54 PM.

Seeker of Stuff Moderator Kamakhya's Avatar
    Unlike the vast majority, it would seem, I did a google search for on-line discussions and web pages relating to Science Fiction, rather than Fantasy. I don't read much fantasy, but I have picked up some good titles thanks to the recommendation on this forum.

Kamakhya

I was searching (I believe it was on google, but possibly Yahoo) a long time ago for book reviews. I came across a couple of sites, one of which was this. I read some reviews over the course of a few months before I even realized that there was a forum here.
    And Twelve, just an FYI, I emailed the mods here when I was signing up originally because I had a little difficulty with my computer at the time, and got quite a prompt response. Something must have come up, as I'm quite sure they are overall quick and willing to respond.

Originally posted by Stor-All
    Something must have come up, as I'm quite sure they are overall quick and willing to respond.
    I know, I know. I mean no criticism! I seemed to have failed at being funny. I should put more smilies at the end of my posts...

Uh, Moderator
    A long, long time ago (really - look at my sign on date) I was looking for some truth behind the rumours that there was going to be a Third Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. I found the main site and tried to post in the book review section before I was ever so gently pointed towards the forum, where I've been bumming around ever since.

The slugs have gone mad! dragondrool's Avatar
    Googled for book reviews, and then followed the forum tab off of the main site.

My bowtie is too tight Lucky Joe's Avatar
    I stumbled across this place a coule of years ago searching for fantasy books, but only recently joined you in the forums.

I think I found it by accident. I was probably looking for info on an author and found the forum as as a link off another page.

The (un)Enligthtened One Buddha's Avatar
    Stumbled across this accidently while jumping from fantasy site to site.

Tasty or your money back! Moderator fluffy bunny's Avatar
    googly wooglied to the main site, and found this a few weeks later (at the time, was a spamless forum, and each post took 2 of 3 days to appear of the forum- probably so mods could check for obscenity/spam)

A lot of people have answered this: http://www.sffworld.org/forums/showt...&threadid=4117 in general discussion, but post away
    Last edited by fluffy bunny; February 27th, 2003 at 10:13 PM.