Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    As with most, I also Googled my way in here (wish I'd thought of that site, I bet those russians are minted now). Unlike most though I signed up straight away as I hadn't done anything like this before so I wanted to take a leap of faith. Glad I did as this is the only forum that has ever kept me interested enough to keep visiting regularly (not that I post that often). Thanks

My Friend told me about this site and after looking around for two days or so I sighed up....

Talking How I got here

I heard a lot about this site from another Sci-Fi forum and thought I would check it out.

I was looking for fantasy webzines or magazines which take short stories, and I found this site listed on a Google directory. After signing up for the sffworld webzine I visited the site a few times and read some stories and reviews. It was only after I'd been here a few times that I even noticed there was a discussion forum. I immediately joined and I'm glad I did, because I've met a lot of super people here.

I immediately joined and I'm glad I did, because I've met a lot of super people here.
    I hope to meet the same people you did.

Yup, like everybody and their dog i found my way here through Google, having searched for TCTC reviews.. been on lot of forums for a while now but this was my first book one and was a pleasant discovery. Good bunch of chaps and chapesses and well modded

Like a lot of other people I found this place after googling for book reviews. I was also on the lookout for a F&SF specific writing forum, and hey! this place met those needs too!

Lurked for a long time before I signed up and began to post, and am glad I did.

One word:
    Gooooooooooogle.

Gooooooooooogle.
    Yes, possibly the best search engine in the world!

And how are those dividends mounting up, GM?

Sammie - umm sorry? What are you talking about?

A lot of you people seem to have found the site by the help of google. But I didn't.
    A friend of mine talked about this site, promised me to show it some day and then she must have forgotten all about it. A few months later I was searching the net for fantasy forums and I came across it. I can't tell you how excited I was when I found out that it was the same site that she had been talking about.
    My friend is also a member on the site, but she doesn't know that I am too. I'll just keep it secret for a while.
    Since I signed on for the first time I've been hanging about quite often and although I read a lot of the threads I rarely write anything myself. But thanks a lot to all of you for writing in my place and giving inspiration to experimenting writers like me.

Hope

Originally posted by GameMaster
    Sammie - umm sorry? What are you talking about?
    I was just wondering if you had shares with google

(*sigh* that's another of those jokes that I forgot to put the funny bit into, isn't it )

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Either you got it or you don't

Found my way here via another member called Loque

Oh I get you now, no shares there, it would have been nice though. Just giving credit where credit is due.