Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Back in Cairns enjoying the onset of Summer
    Originally posted by Stranger
    He has a habit of leading tender young souls astray, you know.
    So what did you say your excuse was, Stranger my dear?

Nice to have you here btw.

to be truthful, I did a google search for " writing 'forums powered by v-bulletin'". this forum came up, I looked it over and thought it looked like fun. so . . . I signed up.
    luv
    me

Originally posted by e-Morgana

So what did you say your excuse was, Stranger my dear?

Nice to have you here btw.
    How could you ask such a thing, my lady?
    Stranger is here to defend the honor of his queen.
    (note I didn't say virtue)

Ahm...spamming!!!!!

Spamming?

Not in here, girls. Enough, thank you.

Sammie.

Oh I wasn't going to spam, I just wanted to know why she was bring it up.

You know, I kind of don't like thinking about how I got to this forum because my sister told me to check it out when I lived in Germany.... so I did... and no I'm in CANADA! Oh, how I miss Eastern Europe. My first days at SFFworld were the best! I always visited it with either golden sun cascading down around the moniter like honey or the little diamond tears of light dancing down it whenever there was a rainstorm. The computer was right next to a HUGE window you see. Anyway, Baden-Baden was the perfect atmospere to sit back, relax, and discuss fantasy. But now being in my industrious hell, or more lovlingly called "The armpit of Canada" I find my stay here stretched, and somehow vein... hopeless. When I find SFFworld, it seemed such a simple part of my life... i HAVE TO WONDER IF MY SISTER DIDN'T TELL ME ABOUT IT THAT i MIGHT HAVE FOUND ANOTHER WAY...

I wouldn't put Canada down if I were you! There are alot of tremendous things to do and see here....just like there are alot of beautiful things to see in Europe!! So...please....think twice before saying anything you might regret!

No, I have lived many many many years (or should I just say TOO MANY years) in various parts of Canada and I know the simple goods that do exist in it but they mean little to me and the type of person that I am. Natural beauty is the only thing I can clearly grant it and even this has been marred by man. I do will not recall my words nor do I regret them. But that is not the direction of this thread. Regardless of what nation you resied in, if you have a computer then this forum can be found.

One day. Shanoncia, someone will have their quills ready and you will be that unlucky person. Until then.....good luck!!!

People do try to be nice with you, but your selfishness and rudeness leaves ones' mouth very bitter.

If you would try to come down to earth...people might like to get to know you better!

If you find that rude then normally I would find fault in you but it is not my place to do so. I'm sorry. Some times I come off a little strong. I don't mean to but it's one of my worst faults. I hope I didn't offend you. I hope you don't think that I mean Canada isn't good enough for me, I just mean that it's not right for me. I really like to be in a place with an ancient feel about it. It seems to keep my perspectives in place. But I shouldn't be saying this here or now. I suppose spamming is another one of my bad habbits. And this is not the place for you to say these yhings to me also. If you would like to talk to me about me, and why I despise my own country than go ahead and send me a private message. I'd be happy to tell all I can, and perhaps you will understand. Thanks for the good luck you wished me, quite likely I will need it.

Anyway, I think this is a dying thread since there really isn't that much to say or to build on... All I can erally say that I haven't said yet is that my sisters Miri didn't actually tell me to check out the forums, she asked me to check out her story in the short story section, so I did, and eventuaslly I made my way over to the forums. And I must say thank you to all the SFFworld authors for giving me ample reading material on my lonely, bored, "I wish I spoke German well" days. Danka shun!
    Last edited by Shanoncia; May 10th, 2003 at 04:32 PM.

Originally posted by Shayna
    People do try to be nice with you, but your selfishness and rudeness leaves ones' mouth very bitter.

If you would try to come down to earth...people might like to get to know you better!
    Shayna, as a member standing on the outside and looking in at this thread, I have to say that your response to Shanoncia appears to be perhaps a little vociferous and also a tad unwarranted. However, as I said, this is just an observation. I am no longer on the admin staff here but I also don't like to see threads degenerate as they seem to so often do these days and certainly I HATE to see personalities clash as such or insults offered on the board especially when there's been no obvious or evident provocation. Unprovoked personal insults are usually deeemed unacceptable at SFFW. Just some food for thought from an innocent bystander.

Cadfael
    What he said....

Take it to PM or chat client... outside in the carpark... but not in here.

Sorry...it won't happen again! Didn't mean to be rude and offensive, once in a while it goes to the heart!

I don't recall how I got here, although I recall ferretting around the site a lot before I joined the forums. Then I posted a couple of times, then vanished. Which I'll probably do again. Damn this short attention span.