Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1CoolNerd The Lord of all Things Inane's Avatar

Legacy of Heorot, a movie?

I some times wonder why so many of todays movies are POS, when there is so much awesome material out there. I feel like movie makers have little respect for the public.
    Legacy of Heorot would make an awesome movie, film it in New Zealand(like another great authors stuff was)
    I would be hard pressed to choose actors for the characters, though.
    Carlos- maybe Antonio Banderas
    Weyland- No pretty boy dink, or spit mouthed fad boy for this part, i will keep trying to figure it out, any body have an idea?
    CDN

A buddy of mine and I wrote a screenplay during the break between our second and third year of law school. I think it'd be great if someone who knew what they were doing tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Omphalos View Post
    A buddy of mine and I wrote a screenplay during the break between our second and third year of law school. I think it'd be great if someone who knew what they were doing tried.
    Agreed! How did your screenplay come out? It seems like hard work.
    CDN

Well Avatar demonstrated they can make pretty damn good CGI animals now.

It could be done well.

psik

Quote Originally Posted by psikeyhackr View Post
    Well Avatar demonstrated they can make pretty damn good CGI animals now.

It could be done well.

psik
    i likes Avatar. I was against watching it because I figured it would be a let down, but it rocked! Whoever did the CGI in that would rock the Grendels for Avalon.
    CDN

Quote Originally Posted by Rozinante View Post
    Agreed! How did your screenplay come out? It seems like hard work.
    CDN
    It was total crap. I think I deleted it some time ago because it was so bad and I didn't want it stinking up my hard drive.

I would have thought this one would be a natural to do. they could do this, then come up with some other ideas for National Geographic colonization missions. Make a series of movies about it, one adaptation and a bunch of originals afterwards. With NatGeo helping defray costs and getting some royalties for their troubles.
    Last edited by Omphalos; November 1st, 2010 at 03:12 PM.

It was total crap. I think I deleted it some time ago because it was so bad and I didn't want it stinking up my hard drive.

I would have thought this one would be a natural to do. they could do this, then come up with some other ideas for National Geographic colonization missions. Make a series of movies about it, one adaptation and a bunch of originals afterwards. With NatGeo helping defray costs and getting some royalties for their troubles.
    Now you are putting it in terms that would ring the bells of the greedy! I would love to see it well done. A large version of R Lee Ermey would be great for Cadmann Weyland. Have a Destiny's Road movie as a cousin.
    I am already at a standstill with my wish list of good actors for this wishful thinking movie.
    Sorry your screenplay wasn't what you expected, I would bet a sock full of used batteries it was better than the crud I write!

CDN

Weyland would have to be somebody older; somebody who could pull off the role of valiant soldier who has already been smacked down by bureaucracy before this mission even started, then went through the smack-down all again after thinking that people just may listen to him this time. Somebody beat up and beat down but not beat out; someone interesting enough to still get a few chicks. Not sure who that'd be. Maybe that guy who commands in SGU, or someone like him?

I have wanted this movie made for years!

Antonio Banderas would have been a great choice 20 years ago, but the dude is 50. Carlos is young and in his prime. I think Enrique Iglesias would be great.
    For Weyland, Russell Crowe would be awesome and at 45 is about right.

Quote Originally Posted by phil_geo View Post
    I have wanted this movie made for years!

Antonio Banderas would have been a great choice 20 years ago, but the dude is 50. Carlos is young and in his prime. I think Enrique Iglesias would be great.
    For Weyland, Russell Crowe would be awesome and at 45 is about right.
    Enrique Iglesias? Are you some kind of evil genius? That guy could get the panties off a nun! He WOULD be great for that role.
    Russell Crowe, though? Mmmmm, I don't know, he is kind of short for Weyland, and doesn't really give off the military vibe. He is more like a thug on his best behavior.
    I think Omphalos is right, someone that can pull off the wounded lion, the man betrayed.
    CDN

Weyland would have to be somebody older; somebody who could pull off the role of valiant soldier who has already been smacked down by bureaucracy before this mission even started, then went through the smack-down all again after thinking that people just may listen to him this time. Somebody beat up and beat down but not beat out; someone interesting enough to still get a few chicks. Not sure who that'd be. Maybe that guy who commands in SGU, or someone like him?
    What about Kurt Russell? He was tits in that flick, Soldier.
    And maybe that guy from wings(Lowell?) who worked on the planes could be Ernst. Or Dobber from Coach, he has to be able to portray "Ice on the mind".
    M-O-O-N, that spells ice on the mind. This is fun, with you all kicking it around too, man, what if we came up with a decent idea of a cast, and somehow the movie was made? I would LOVE to see it!
    CDN

Kurt Russell is a good choice, Soldier was an awesome and underrated movie. But again, he is a little old at 60. How about Vin Diesel?

<edit:> Wait, Vin may have been a bad suggestion but I just nailed it - Viggo Mortensen.
    Last edited by phil_geo; November 2nd, 2010 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phil_geo View Post
    Kurt Russell is a good choice, Soldier was an awesome and underrated movie. But again, he is a little old at 60. How about Vin Diesel?

<edit:> Wait, Vin may have been a bad suggestion but I just nailed it - Viggo Mortensen.
    That Viggo Mortensen guy is a trip, maybe he could pull it off. He was creepy in The Prophecy. The age would be right... I have to borrow the book again, I get all excited and have spaced the names of most of the other characters. So, to re cap:

Julio Iglecias as Carlos(Perfect)
    Viggo Mortensen as Cadmann Weyland (strong maybe)

I feel like this crew of three are better at choosing actors for parts than all of Hollywood combined!
    Who else? Do either of you have the book handy?
    CDN

Zack Moscowitz
    Rachel Moscowitz
    Mary Ann Eisenhower
    Phillys McAndrew
    Sylvia Faulkner
    Terry Faulkner
    George Merriot
    Hendrick Sills
    Joe Sikes
    Jerry Carr
    Barney Carr (female)