Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Cadfael

Forum Rules... FAQ and Enquiries

Use this topic to ask for Forum rules to be claryfied, or to ask if you would be within the rules with any post you may wish to make... you may not get an answer on the spot, but it will let us know what need to be made clear...

You've mentioned forum rules, but I actually cannot see any around - Erebus mentiones elsewhere about the sign-up dialogue, but it would be nice to have a reference copy.

I know that we're probably talking common sense here. Perhaps replacing the default VBull FAQ with the SFFWorld rules?

Btw - I missed the event, but I've had to administrate over such case on previous boards. Never fun.

Originally posted by I, Brian
    Erebus mentioned elsewhere about the sign-up dialogue, but it would be nice to have a reference copy.
    Yes, they're in a couple of posts...somewhere... but here they are again to save us all searching:

Although the administrators and moderators of sffworld.com Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of sffworld.com Forums or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of sffworld.com Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Thank you

We have also posted some general guidelines here:Read/Continue a Topic (Longish, but please read) (This will open in a new browser window.)

I've seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way!
    Wasn't there a thread explaining the details about Avatars? Is my search query just misformated, or am I imagining things?

If not, what are the proper paramaters of an Avatar? IE, Pixel Ratio, maximum allowable k, etc... I am going on the assumption that a girl with big boobs jumping up and down and bouncing down and up is not acceptable viewing material

THANKS!

Oh and I'll second the motion to overhaul the FAQ.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Go here - not sure if its as specific as you want though :

http://www.sffworld.org/forums/showt...&threadid=4697

and there waslots of women with big boobs jumping up and down as av's on here not so long ago.

I just noticed that a certain "Tartaros" has been banned. Is he yet another incarnation of Hemingway?

I was wondering, do signitures show up? 'cos mine isnt, and either is anyone else's... and I've made sure that my profile is correct. Are they not in use anymore? Or am i just stupid? actually, dont answer that last question

Blog Entries
    I believe Dag has turned off the sigs. As often the sigs, with pictures are larger than the posts and take up too much space on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Holbrook
    I believe Dag has turned off the sigs. As often the sigs, with pictures are larger than the posts and take up too much space on the server.
    That's a shame. I may not know much but i know that this forum software lets you have text signatures only as you can turn off images. A friend did it on his site.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You see, there are still some out there on dial-up....

The other issue is whether people visit the site to read detailed, incisive, well written comments about Fantasy and SF, or do they come to look at the pretty pictures and signatures, which could increase the number of pages you have to go through and make some very long threads even longer....

Hobbit
    Mark

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Plus we don't allow url advertising, so can you imagine having to go through 6500+ profiles just to make sure the signatures are ok? No thanks

I've got a question and actually it's my fault, I was wondering how to find out my password because I keep myself signed in on this computer so I don't have to sign in but now i'm changing my computer and have forgotten my password. but I was also wondering whether it will just keep me signed in since i'm keeping the same AOL account? Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit
    You see, there are still some out there on dial-up....

The other issue is whether people visit the site to read detailed, incisive, well written comments about Fantasy and SF, or do they come to look at the pretty pictures and signatures, which could increase the number of pages you have to go through and make some very long threads even longer....

Hobbit
    Which is why Hobbit's big, blue mush, spends most of the time locked in the tea room.
    They try to keep him sedated with hobnobs to stop him from posting too often.