Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    That's another problem, my email notification has been turned off for months, yet I still get emails. Oh yeah, today I found out that Shezhad had posted in Children of Dune, a thread I haven't posted in for a few months.

I'm hesitant to broach this subject, but we may have a cracker on this website, or something else screwy like that.

Currently seeking gainful employment. He does after all have four little ogglets to feed.
    it could be that you unwittingly subscribed to a thread.... Check that option. Even the all powerful WOO has done it

Originally posted by Dominus
    That's another problem, my email notification has been turned off for months, yet I still get emails. Oh yeah, today I found out that Shezhad had posted in Children of Dune, a thread I haven't posted in for a few months.

I'm hesitant to broach this subject, but we may have a cracker on this website, or something else screwy like that.
    That's strange, because I haven't posted in that thread since March.

Dominus - I've taken a look at your options and i can't see why you are still getting emails.

My last suggestion - in your user cp, when you look at the 'subscribed threads' list, make sure you are viewing threads 'from the last year' rather than just from recently. (Use the drop down menu on the bottom right of the subscribed threads box). If it still shows nothing, then i'm at a loss.

I'm the law... Administrator daigoro's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When you change this setting in your control panel it works as the default setting for all new threads, however you are still subscribed to all the older threads that you were subscribed to.

Meaning that you will have to unsubscribe to all the old threads in order to not receive email alerts when people post in those.

I think that's what is happening at least .

Dag

Hopefully that did it, I had 3 pages of subscribed threads, I guess when I had e-mail notification on that it automatically subscribed me to every thread. Thanks for helping me out guys.

That was my mistake Shehzad, you started the thread and that was what I put down.

I've seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way!
    damn, and I was getting ready to suggest we just ban Dom.

Dom, if I may, if you want to post a reply to a thread, but not necessarily subscribe to it / receive e-mails then at the bottom of your post, before you click on submit reply, ensure that the e-mail notification block is unchecked.

(I hope I'm right, at least it's how it works on some other sites, so I just assumed it would be the same here?)

Oh, I know that, it's just that a few months ago I had e-mail notification set on default, so it automatically did it for every thread I posted in, and I didn't realize it until a few weeks later. It's all cleared up now though, now I'm getting...no emails.

Someone closed the Banned users thread, so I'll ask here, is flintorama really banned or not? Why was he even banned if he is banned?

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    I second that question.

Thanks for backing me up Evil, I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Short answer... Yes

Why... not our concern.

Oh, so he is banned. Why, he cracked me up?

Back in Cairns enjoying the onset of Summer
    Because he was obnoxious, rude, and insulting once too often, I would guess.

The SFF guidelines state that personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated. This is usually the cause of people's banning, in my experience.