Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Lifino
    OTOH, why are there so many damned Guests here right now? There's like 15!

Is there another hacker fest going on today?
    One explanation could be that people are viewing new posts via their hotmail notifications and the Bulletin Board wouldn't recognise them as members, but see them instead as guests ias they didn't come direct to the forum normally and aren't "cookied".
    I've done this myself many times.

I've seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way!
    I hadn't considered that... Which might explain why they mostly cleared out in a few minutes...

BUT, there rarely is that many people online at that time of day...

eh? no bigey.

Sorry to bother. But I've been looking all over and I can't seem to find a time frame listed on getting back to/posting short story submissions. The fault for this may be mine since I have a rare learning disorder (I believe the technical term is stupidity) and probably overlooked the information.

Thx guys.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hello ironchef.

The reason why you can't find a time frame listed on getting back to/posting short story submissions is.... there isn't one.

Basically, we try and clear as many as we can, as quickly as we can. Submissions are usually sent an email if/when they are accepted. At the moment (thanks to a lot of hardworking staff!) we're a couple of weeks behind. However, we can get 20-30 a day, and it is dependent on what time staff have available, so you just have to bear with us, I'm afraid.

Hope this doesn't cause too much anguish, though I'm sure you understand.

Hobbit
    Mark

Hey
    I'm hoping someone can help without laughing to much but I'm not sure how to use the tags I've been trying to use the spoiler tag but dont think i'm doing it correctly

Blog Entries
    magze;

I think it is {spoiler} at the beginning then {/spoiler} at the end, using [ ] brackets instead of the { } ones.

But don't hold me to that

Quote Originally Posted by Holbrook
    magze;

I think it is {spoiler} at the beginning then {/spoiler} at the end, using [ ] brackets instead of the { } ones.

But don't hold me to that
    Yes it is but I notice all the letters are always in caps for things like QUOTE.

Not sure if you need the caps or not. When you do colors only the first letter of the word is in caps, so who knows ? Try different variations and then edit it to try the next one. That is what I did when I used it. BTW the word Spoiler: in red is automatically added when you use it right. My first attempt I added "S" on the ends and it didn't work.

Blog Entries
    You shouldn't need the capitals.

Hobbit
    Mark

Thanks i will give it a try
    Last edited by magze; October 31st, 2004 at 09:03 AM.

Just thought I would mention that though the spoiler function blacks out the text on the screen, everything still comes through on the email telling people that there has been a post. Sorta defeats the purpose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FicusFan
    Just thought I would mention that though the spoiler function blacks out the text on the screen, everything still comes through on the email telling people that there has been a post. Sorta defeats the purpose.

Does it? I don't have that notification thingy switched on. Just highlight the blacked out space and read the spoilers....

Quote Originally Posted by Holbrook
    Does it? I don't have that notification thingy switched on. Just highlight the blacked out space and read the spoilers....
    But if you do get email, you don't need to highlight the spoiler text because it is all sent to you with no blocking.

Tom Dean
    I have a question for the Moderators/Administrators: How does this website deal with posters who are rude, immature, petulant, childish, etc., as well as being factually wrong? I've stopped posting at a another forum because of a certain other long-time poster who insists on using ridicule and lies to get "his" point across, yet when I complained about this to others on the 'board, they more or less backed "him" up, telling me that "he" was their "pet troll"!

I certainly won't say "his" "name" here, but I can only hope that "he" won't show up at this site.

Blog Entries
    Hello Tom. We are a moderated site, so the response is that any posts that concern you (ie: that you feel are rude immature etc etc) then PM a member of staff with details and we look into it.

Having said that, there are places where members are allowed to be immature and there are occasions when we are factually inaccurate. Happens to the best of us! If we spot them, we correct them! Any site of this nature (like the general world outside!) is going to have members who don't get on, but the staff try and deal with problems in a positive way as possible.

There are sometimes members who feel that they cannot get on with others on the site. Nevertheless one of the fundamentals of the site is that members treat others with respect. Ridicule towards other members is not normally accepted here. (Have a look at the Forum Guidelines if it helps).

A general response there would be for you not to rise to the occasion, ignore them in a mature and responsible manner (whatever that is!) and let staff know. Let me repeat that one again: the sooner staff know about problems, the sooner we can deal with them.

Pet trolls? Nah. We've got Ogg.

Hobbit
    Mark

Well, that's an interesting point, how do you deal with a popularity contests?