Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Uh, Moderator
    Easy. I always win

Quote Originally Posted by Holbrook
    I believe Dag has turned off the sigs. As often the sigs, with pictures are larger than the posts and take up too much space on the server.
    That's a shame. I may not know much but i know that this forum software lets you have text signatures only as you can turn off images. A friend did it on his site.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You see, there are still some out there on dial-up....

The other issue is whether people visit the site to read detailed, incisive, well written comments about Fantasy and SF, or do they come to look at the pretty pictures and signatures, which could increase the number of pages you have to go through and make some very long threads even longer....

Hobbit
    Mark

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Plus we don't allow url advertising, so can you imagine having to go through 6500+ profiles just to make sure the signatures are ok? No thanks

I've got a question and actually it's my fault, I was wondering how to find out my password because I keep myself signed in on this computer so I don't have to sign in but now i'm changing my computer and have forgotten my password. but I was also wondering whether it will just keep me signed in since i'm keeping the same AOL account? Can anyone help?

Thanks to eveyone who helped and looked into it for me but it's ok now, Thanks again.

am i going mad????

What hapened to the Sean wright forum coz there was a cool little poetry thread he started there???

I'm the law... Administrator daigoro's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, you're quite right, Sean's forum isn't there anymore. Sean and SFFWorld agreed the venture was a touch rushed so it will be reviewed at a later date. Until then you're of course free to discuss Sean's work in the Fantasy section .

Prefers to be anomalous intensityxx's Avatar
    I don't seem to be receiving email notifications from threads I'm subscribed to. I recently changed my email address and reset my subscription option to "email immediately". Is anyone else experiencing problems, or is it just me?

whoops, posted in the wrong place

I get notifications from the regular forums, but don't get anything from the Funzone threads I am subscribed to. I have checked each thread (maybe only 2) and I am set up for instant notification, as is my setting in the CP. I have even put the SFFworld email address in my mail filter as an accepted sender.

I had the problem before and it was fixed, but only for a while and now it doesn't work, and I have given up. Occasionaly in the main forum somehow the thread subscription gets changed to no email, and I just fix it.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit
    You see, there are still some out there on dial-up....

The other issue is whether people visit the site to read detailed, incisive, well written comments about Fantasy and SF, or do they come to look at the pretty pictures and signatures, which could increase the number of pages you have to go through and make some very long threads even longer....

Hobbit
    Which is why Hobbit's big, blue mush, spends most of the time locked in the tea room.
    They try to keep him sedated with hobnobs to stop him from posting too often.

Blog Entries
    See.... secret's out.

Thank you, Kahn!

Hobbit
    Mark

submitting multiple stories in a short period of time

I have recently dug up a bunch of my old stories and started posting them one by one. now I get an access denied error and a 404 error and I can't post stories anymore. did I post too many in too short a time to where the db is seeing me as spamming? if so what do I need to do in order to unlock my account?

tia

Blog Entries
    Shouldn't be a problem. Try emptying your computer's cache and logging on again. If the accounts still locked, please send a PM to Daigoro.

Hobbit
    Mark

Hi there

I thought I posted this earlier but I can't see it nor can I see a response.

I'm relatively new to this forum but I would like to post some info about a contest I am running to give away free copies of my novel.

Where is the best place to post this? Is there a forum where authors can promote their work?

I don't want to offend anyone by posting this info in the wrong spot.

Thanks

David