Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by suupaabaka View Post
    The Lost Fleet books by Jack Campbell (currently 2 available, a third on its way) are an enjoyable light read. Good ol' capital ship combat with nice spatial mechanics and a legend-back-from-the-dead theme.
    Does anyone who has read the Lost Fleet series have any recommendations for books that are similar? I quite enjoy the fleet combat mixed with alien first contact.

I liked the whole series by Ian Douglas, all enjoyable reads.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoaT View Post
    Does anyone who has read the Lost Fleet series have any recommendations for books that are similar? I quite enjoy the fleet combat mixed with alien first contact.
    As kind of guilty pleasure I liked Star Force series by B. V. Larson. BTW liked it a lot more than Lost Fleet.

The TV Series I'm developing for cable TV has the future of the military and space in mind with AI, robotic spaceships, and cyborg Special Forces cyborgs where cyborgs will eventually be given control of world security.

It's based on research in AI with the military and NASA.

For military Sci Fi, try the James Lovegrove books. "Age of Odin", "Age of Zeus","Age of Ra", "Age of Aztec". I think that's all of them. My favorite was "Age of Odin" but the others are pretty good to. He takes each mythology and wraps it in modern day weaponry. Very amusing stuff.