July 8th, 2003, 12:55 AM
Heroes of Might and Magic series
Romance of Three Kingdoms (nintendo, old computer game, etc)
Also Masters of Magic, Disciples, Fantasy General, & Brigandine.
July 8th, 2003, 12:58 AM
1- Yars Revenge(Atari 2600) Could play literally for hours on end.
2- Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec(PS2) Love a good driving sim.
3- Doom(Any platform) Still the best of the 1st person shooters.
July 9th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms is turbo-sweet, but you need other players to enjoy it's full glory. I've never seen a game that so perfectly brings out each player's personality. (except for maybe Street Fighter 3)
July 10th, 2003, 02:53 AM
Mine would have to be
1) Vice City
2) Mortal Combat
S many more RPG's but you asked for three!
July 10th, 2003, 10:10 AM
Woohoo, so it's not just me! Doom has achieved a rare distinction in the computer world in that it never grows old. Sure, graphics have come on a long way in the last 10 years, but for game-play it's the best. Not to mention it runs perfectly smoothly with not bugs\glitches on almost any computer.
Originally posted by Carmichael
Doom(Any platform) Still the best of the 1st person shooters.
I add Civilisation 2 and 3 to my list.
July 10th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Kiss my axe!
some old C64 faves.
Twin Kingdom Valley; one of the very first graphic adventure games.
Paradroid; All time classic shooter where you detroy and take over robots running amoke on a ship.
Forbidden Forest; you played an archer in the first real attempt at a visual 3d game, where you had to kill various monsters that wanted to eat you for brekkie, such as giant spiders, a leaping chimera beastie and finally the "Demi-Gorgon"
July 10th, 2003, 10:36 AM
I had so many C64 games, some were so poor! ha ha ha
What about streets of rage on the mega drive?
July 11th, 2003, 01:53 AM
Is this turning into the old video game reminiscing thread?
The only Atari/C64 games that I can remember having any fondness for at the moment are Centipede and Defender. I do remember an old RPG for C64 too that no one I know could get far in called Below the Root. Haven't heard anyone yet recognize that title though.
For NES I still remember the music for Bubble Bobble. I was almost surprised it had an ending! I sometimes wondered if some games have endings. Does anyone know for example if a game like Araknoid, Centipede, Defender, and Section Z have an ending? I wonder if there are people who have actually finished them?
Bubble Bobble and Contra were the two player partnering games I recall the most.
July 11th, 2003, 01:59 AM
King of the Lurkers.
Ok, two lists of Top 3's. One for Nostalgia (Old old games), and one for more current (New PC games)
1) The Bard's Tale - First RPG I ever played. I was sooo addicted to it.
2) Tie Fighter
3) Command and Conquer (Started off the RTS, well, Dune 2 did)
2) Total War Games (SHogun and Medieval)
3) Counter-Strike (Mod for Half-Life)
July 15th, 2003, 10:21 PM
Below the Root!!!!!! I loved that game!.
It was so darn cool, but I really can't reember it that well! I remember it was huge though. I think I was playing it on an IBM PC. Who cares about the reat of the thread? No ones really answering anyways!
July 16th, 2003, 06:25 PM
High Priest of Cainism
1. The Civilization series-- that includes Alpha Centauri. I still think Civ II's probably the best of the bunch.
2. Diablo II
July 17th, 2003, 11:45 AM
3. Tie between Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) and Mario Kart (N64)
2. Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance
1. Super Smash Brothers Melee
Kilroy Was Here
August 5th, 2003, 06:46 AM
1. Final Fantasy...original NES
2. Legend of Zelda...original NES
3. Dragon Warrior series...original NES (yes I am stuck in the past)
August 9th, 2003, 05:36 AM
Oh, I forgot Super Smash Bros Melee in my original group *kicks self repeatedly* take out Streets of Rage 2
August 24th, 2003, 12:27 PM
3. Homeworld(I never get tired of seeing hundreds of fighters blowing the crap out of each other)
2. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance(I've been playing this a total of 9 hours and I'm only done 50% of the VR Mission section; it's a great game!)
1. Final Fantasy 8(I'm generally alone when I say this but I love FF8 more than any other Final Fantasy game; I love the junction system and I find the story to better than any of the others excepting Final Fantasy 6 for Snes)
Final Fantasy 6 (The most epic story of any game ever made)
Conquest: Frontier Wars (Bought it for 3 bucks at EB; a brilliant strategy game that actually requires strategy instead of simply massing forces. One map took me 7 hours to beat)