Hey, new short scifi/action film trailer. looking for opinions

Hey everyone, my name is Mike and I am a sci-fi lover and new film maker and am working on my first major short film project. I have posted the trailer I made for it b fellow and would love to have you all check it out and give me some feedback. Thanks!

Here's the link - Retrieval - Official Teaser Trailer: https://youtu.be/JIjyfv2IfPQ

Northwest Indiana, not far from Lake Michigan.
    The glimpsed scenes look interesting, but I think the fades are detracting a lot from the overall effect. A viewer shouldn't be remembering at the end how much black screen there was. There's a cool electrical arc effect beginning at 10 seconds. I wonder if that might somehow be repeated at the transition points instead of fading to momentary black, maybe with the visual intensity somehow building from one transition to the next?

Just a thought. I tell stories with words rather than images. Transitions work very differently with prose, but how a writer handles them is still a critical issue.

Thanks for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by greymouse View Post
    The glimpsed scenes look interesting, but I think the fades are detracting a lot from the overall effect. A viewer shouldn't be remembering at the end how much black screen there was. There's a cool electrical arc effect beginning at 10 seconds. I wonder if that might somehow be repeated at the transition points instead of fading to momentary black, maybe with the visual intensity somehow building from one transition to the next?

Just a thought. I tell stories with words rather than images. Transitions work very differently with prose, but how a writer handles them is still a critical issue.
    Thank you for checking it out, I can totally see where you are coming from and I really appreciate your suggestions. I'll be releasing the full short film in the next 2 weeks or so and will keep your comments in mind as I am editing.