Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Anyone heard of Morrowind, the Elder Scrolls III? I never play PC games (well, not since I was about 15), but my brother just bought it and I actually tried it out a bit. Seems pretty fun. Not sure if I have enough time to spend on it though... That's my main problem with most games. The time that I could spend on games is usually spend on books.

Morrowind had a lot of good ideas, but the crappy battles really hurt it. I loved the open-ended feel, but the game somehow felt tedious. I didn't stick with it for as long as I maybe should have, though.

I was pretty busy on the weekend, so I didn't get much of a chance to give KOTOR much playing time. But I shoul dbe able to get into it this week. Looks like a very cool game.

I've played some Rise of Nations at home...and I usually get 30-45 mins of RTCW: Enemy Territories time at lunch here at work.

I play Shogun (Total War) a lot as it's the only version I have at the moment
    Hitman 2 I go back to a lot as well as Severance (or Blade of Darkness in the US), Max Payne (got loads of mods for it)
    And Virtual Pool 3 is good fun.

Right now I'm about 10 hours into Morrowind, and I'm loving it. The open-ended aspect is very well done-you can basically go anywhere you want to. There are TONS of sidequests. In fact, I would say the that the sidequests for the different guilds and factions make up a majority of the game. The only problem I have with it is the battle system, which sucks majorly, and the fact that you can be a bit overwhelmed with things to do in the beginning.

I just finished KotOR, very good overall, impressive in almost every aspect. Now I'm playing through it again, but I'm going to go the dark side path this time, much more fun I think, cooler conversations, get to kill innocent people, use Life Drain and stuff, it's going to be good.

Cool

Originally posted by Dominus
    I just finished KotOR, very good overall, impressive in almost every aspect. Now I'm playing through it again, but I'm going to go the dark side path this time, much more fun I think, cooler conversations, get to kill innocent people, use Life Drain and stuff, it's going to be good.
    I did it the other way - beat it on the dark path, now playing through on the light. I'm already finding that more quests open up on the light side (mainly because you actually help people instead of robbing/killing 'em ), and light-side powers can be more handy (albeit less fun), such as Destroy Droid and Heal.

Either way, it really is amazing how much new stuff you find on the second run-through.

A friend was over last evening, so we ended up playing Hunter: The Reckoning for a couple hours...lots of mindless zombie killing... fun!

PC: Baldur's gate, Empire Earth and Civilization.

Gamecube: Baldur's gate dark alliance

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Well, I bought an Xbox!
    I'm DEFINITELY going to buy KOTOR, it just looks so cool. I haven't played many RPG's since I was about 14, and playing Hero's Quest and Leisure Suit Larry... are those even considered RPG's?

Get KotOR definitely, great game. Get Halo as well. Oh, and if you get Xbox Live!, get Wolfenstein, best online game. For starters of course.

Wacraft, Warcraft, Warcraft, a little more Warcraft (if you can't tell, I really like the expansion)...
    Warcaft is the only game that I have played in the last couple of months

When I have time: Age of Empires 2, Age of Kings for the PC. SO plays Diablo 2 and kiddies play both of those plus multiple games for Gamecube and PS2.

I'm currently playing a very hard to attain game for the PS2 called Suikoden 3. HOT. Before that, I was playing Xenosaga, Episode 1: Der Wille Zur Macht. I might be playing Dark Cloud 2 next...

Last edited by Twelve; August 20th, 2003 at 04:56 PM.

Pretty much only playing Counter Strike right now. Have GTA: Vice City on the backburner and I've been meaning to go back to Morrowind and Neverwinter Nights.