Page 93 of 114 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1700
    Tasty or your money back! Moderator fluffy bunny's Avatar
    Well I've been mucking about with:

Dungeon Defenders- coop multiplayer, build a base, defend against baddies etc. Worth the sale price but doesn't hit me as a classic

Frozen Synapse- awesome tactical game. It's one that strategy gamers should look up IMHO. There is virtually no luck, nearly 100% tactics as you try to outmanouvre and outhink your opponent's squad. Turn based. A lot of planning resulting in a fist punching the air or a 'oh crap how do I recover from this?' Tense with a decent soundtrack to boot - go look up the youtube reviews.

Gemini Rue- very Phillip K Dick type atmosphere- I'm only an hr or so into this adventure but it's very engrossing so far.

Didn't realise you were into indies, FB!

I should probably try and finish the campaign of Dawn of War II: Retribution this week. I'm playing as the Imperial Guard, and it's sort of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by chitman13 View Post
    Got Halo Anniversary Edition instead and very much enjoying it. Sci-fi shooter, much more my cup of tea. Never played any of the Halo games before so it's nice to be able to start with the first, albeit with updated graphics.
    I've been playing this too (along with MW3 and Battlefield 3) and it's great to be playing the original campaign in better graphics.

If this is your introduction to Halo and you like it, you've got a whole lot more fun to be had!
    Last edited by Westsiyeed; December 4th, 2011 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    Didn't realise you were into indies, FB!

I should probably try and finish the campaign of Dawn of War II: Retribution this week. I'm playing as the Imperial Guard, and it's sort of fun.
    My buddy and I got a couple missions into the Ork campaign and it was fun times, especially doing it two player co-op. It's wonderful to see the Ork mindset in action. "We gotta kill them panzees that zogged my ship!" "Foolish monster, there are only a few Eldar in this sector and we would appreciate any help you could offer with the Chaos forces who did destroy your ship." "Right when we're done crumping them panzees we're comin for you!" Like trying to use a forest fire as a weapon.

I'm still playing the crap out of Arkham City. I can't tell if the comments of one of the side characters are about what happens later on in the story of this game or if he's prognosticating about the story of a future game. It's a shame Mark Hammill is done being the Joker though the parts of this game without him weren't nearly as much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    My buddy and I got a couple missions into the Ork campaign and it was fun times, especially doing it two player co-op. It's wonderful to see the Ork mindset in action. "We gotta kill them panzees that zogged my ship!" "Foolish monster, there are only a few Eldar in this sector and we would appreciate any help you could offer with the Chaos forces who did destroy your ship." "Right when we're done crumping them panzees we're comin for you!" Like trying to use a forest fire as a weapon.
    I like shooting the Orks "Dem humies be comin', boyz!" They go down with such a satisfying splat, but they do put up a bit of a fight - especially those walkers they use.

It's a shame Mark Hammill is done being the Joker though the parts of this game without him weren't nearly as much fun.
    I'd heard it was his last time as the Joker too, but apparently Mark has come out since and said it might not be - Not exactly sure. He is a very good Joker, though, I'd say the best by far.

Tasty or your money back! Moderator fluffy bunny's Avatar
    What do you make of DOW retribution? Does it add much to DOW2 and chaos rising?

Quote Originally Posted by fluffy bunny View Post
    What do you make of DOW retribution? Does it add much to DOW2 and chaos rising?
    Yeah, the freedom from Games for Windows Live You're still tied to Steam, though, but that's not too much of a bad thing.

It does, but not. Instead of the campaign being just for one faction, instead it's basically a one-size-fits-all deal for all six races (Eldar, Imperial Guard, Orks, Chaos, Space Marines, Tyranids) but there's some nice variety in the missions. The load out of your armies is different, too, instead of improving your squads like you did in the first two, you have four heroes per faction and aside from the "main" hero, they can either be used as themselves or you can replace them with an honour guard with extra benefits such as more population (so you can field bigger armies), extra damage for certain units and so forth. And unlike the rather irritating points scheme from the first two, you get one point per level for a skill or a boost, and some of those apply to your units if you don't take said hero.

THQ/Relic have gone mad with the DLC, though, and largely I would stress you don't bother with it unless you get the complete pack on sale, as very little of it truly adds anything to the game. The Tau Commander hero for Last Stand seemed funky from what I'd seen, but unless you've exhausted the other heroes or need something special, he's really not worth the non-sale asking price.

I prefer it to the first two, I must admit.

I've started playing AC Revelations but to be honest the game bores me quite quickly and I can only manage an hour a day at best.
    Maybe I shouldn't have started it directly after finishing Brotherhood.
    I liked the improvements they made to the combat in Brotherhood i.e. you could wipe out entire platoons of guards in seconds using the hidden blade as an open combat weapon.
    The latest installment feels like a filler though, as if the game designers are merely treading water until they write a decent conclusion to the series. (a little like Brotherhood)
    As for the "Revelations" I doubt there is anything players of the series hadn't already figured out for themselves.
    What cracks me up is how the game world is described as "sandbox". It quite clearly isn't, especially with the secondary "attain full synch" parameters attached to EVERY mission you do.
    So I'm just piling through the main quest arc asap and pretty much ignoring the peripheral quests etc.

I should probably add that I was a big fan of this franchise and loved the first two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsiyeed View Post
    I've been playing this too (along with MW3 and Battlefield 3) and it's great to be playing the original campaign in better graphics.

If this is your introduction to Halo and you like it, you've got a whole lot more fun to be had!
    Yep, first time playing any Halo game! Getting into it nicely now and starting to get used to it, though I really, really hate the warthog - I just can't seem to grasp the mechanics behind it.

Oh, you will in time.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kahnovitch View Post
    I've started playing AC Revelations but to be honest the game bores me quite quickly and I can only manage an hour a day at best.
    The latest installment feels like a filler though, as if the game designers are merely treading water until they write a decent conclusion to the series. (a little like Brotherhood)

I should probably add that I was a big fan of this franchise and loved the first two games.
    Disappointing to hear, I too enjoyed the first two and have Brotherhood queued up behind Saints Row 3. Perhaps I'll hold off on Revelations until it's cheaper then.

I started up a new character in Skyrim yesterday. I accidentally did a quest that pushed me further along the main story line than I wanted to be, so I decided to go back to the drawing board.

That happened to me a lot in Fallout 3 and it bothered me every time.

That happened to me a lot in Fallout 3 and it bothered me every time.
    Yeah. I was bummed. Two of us are playing the game and they still haven't figured out a way to separate the saves by character instead of lumping them all together. Really, Bethesda? That sort of thing should be mandatory by now. I was only keeping three save files so we didn't have a long list of saves to sift through. I'm not doing that anymore, let me tell you. I'll sift.

Are you on the PC with it, Nickee? Someone's created a tool to separate save games/profiles.