Page 106 of 114 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1697
    http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have Darksiders 2 but been out of the country for a bit and have a handful of new games to try out. Halo 4 and COD:BO2 and Hitman all coming out so it will be some time before I plan to get to it.

Having been (quite sincerely) bereft since July at the ruination of my first Skyrim character - some sort of conflict between mods I installed made the game unplayable, and it is beyond my meagre skills to put it right - I have today made a momentous decision: I am going to start again. A fresh installation, *VERY* careful mod management, and a new character. I'm going to wait until into the new year, as a proper final mourning gesture for my first character, and then I begin again. I'm going for a similar build again - a Breton, pure magic, and highly virtuous - but this time I have a little prior knowledge and experience which I will use to immerse myself ever deeper in the game (which is saying something). I'll see you in the Drunken Huntsman, Daddy Darth!

Blog Entries
    I am just about to complete Ghost Recon. I enjoyed the game but didn't think they went all out to make it the best they could. My Internet at the moment is too slow for multiplayer but will give it a go once I change providers.

Tuesday is Black Ops 2 but I may try finishing Assassins Creed 3 before tackling that or Halo 4.

I assume no one's been posting on this thread because you've all been playing Black Ops 2? I have. My take is that I don't like Treyarch as much as Infinity Ward, mostly because I hate the zombies game. BUT, they definitely did some things right - the new unlock system in Multiplayer is great. The Combat Training where you play against 'bots is WAY improved because now you don't just have to play FFA or Team Deathmatch. You can now play Kill Confirmed, Demolition, and several other games against the computer, which is really fun when there's only one or two friends online and you want a private match. The campaign is incomprehensible and way too many cut scenes, but they did try to make a good story. I'm only a tiny way into the campaign so far. Any thoughts on Black Ops 2?

My thoughts are "I'm not playing this. It doesn't bother me in the slightest." *wink*

Blog Entries
    Finished Assassin's Creed III, I thought the story and character(s) were great but the game play was monotonous and sadly, a little boring. I bought COD: MW2 but also picked up Sniper Elite V2, Sleeping Dogs, and Medal of Honor: Warfighter. So, instead of jumping straight into COD, I chose to start up Sniper Elite V2. Gotta say it is quite challenging. Next week is Hitman as well so lots of great games coming up.

I also heard that Rainbow Six: Patriots is being pushed back and is possibly going to wait to be released on the next generation console.

I feel somewhat out of date, but I'm playing through Final Fantasy IX when I have time to sit in front of a TV and Final Fantasy IV when I'm on a handheld....of course, I have little time for either right now, so progress is snail-paced.

Best change in Call of Duty - completing objectives (like capturing the flag, or securing a position) now count towards scorestreaks (they aren't called killstreaks anymore). That's awesome for someone like me who isn't great at shooting people and actually plays the objective, rather than randomly running around shooting people.

EDIT I played quite a bit this weekend, and another change I really like is the complete customization of loadouts you get with Black Ops 2. You are allowed 10 things, including weapons, attachments and perks. If you only want a couple of perks, ytou can have another attachment for your primary. If you really want an extra perk, give up the attachment on your secondary weapon. Me, I rarely use a secondary so I give it up completely and take 3 attachments on my primary. It is a very good gun with three attachments and suits my style of play. It is a subtle change unless you play Call of Duty a lot, in which case it is a really nice new way to do loadouts.
    Last edited by phil_geo; November 19th, 2012 at 01:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Still haven't jumped into COD. I was playing Sniper Elite, but got a little stuck so, opened up Medal of Honor:Warfighter, gotta say I am enjoying it. Missions feel real. Although I tend to like the COD graphics better.

Tomorrow Hitman arrives so, no idea when I will get to COD. I have about 8 games I have yet to open and get to. Just not enough hours in the day. But the ads for COD have me itching to try it.

I picked up Saints Row The Third in the Steam sale; I'm only about four hours in, but so far it's jolly good fun. Much more entertaining that GTA4, and much less crashy and performance-sapping than Saints Row 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward M. Grant View Post
    I picked up Saints Row The Third in the Steam sale; I'm only about four hours in, but so far it's jolly good fun. Much more entertaining that GTA4, and much less crashy and performance-sapping than Saints Row 2.
    Only problems are it's way too short (or feels too short), the 'world' is too small and the activities are too few and too repetitive.

A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    Dishonored.

The guy at Game recommended it to me because I told him one of the games I was waiting for was Bioshock Infinite. So far it's pretty good but nowhere near as visually appealing as I was expecting. Can't wait to see what all the other rune powers are like.

Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    Only problems are it's way too short (or feels too short), the 'world' is too small and the activities are too few and too repetitive.
    I have noticed that there seem to be less places to visit in the world than SR2, I was assuming more would open up later. Maybe they're trying to get people to buy the DLC, but that was only an extra $2.50 in the Steam sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward M. Grant View Post
    I have noticed that there seem to be less places to visit in the world than SR2, I was assuming more would open up later. Maybe they're trying to get people to buy the DLC, but that was only an extra $2.50 in the Steam sale.
    Wait, you only bought Saints Row the Third? The complete package was the same price at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    Wait, you only bought Saints Row the Third? The complete package was the same price at the same time.
    Not from here: SR3 was $9.99 by itself, or the complete package was $12.49, which is what I bought.