Page 102 of 114 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1700
    Quote Originally Posted by phil_geo View Post
    What do people think of Diablo 3? I'm about level 12 and so far I'm "meh" on it. It just seems VERY close to Diablo 2, to the point where I can't beleive they didn't crank it out in a year. <pause> I just went and looked up differences between Diablo2 and 3, and many of them involve multiplayer. I don't really play multiplayer, so that is probably one of the main problems.
    It gets better. I have played through normal and the story kept me going. Now I am playing hardcore and just finished Act1.

I see myself playing this game for months if not years

Yeah, I noticed a lot of people were upset about the online requirements, but I could care less since it plays as a single player game. By that, I mean that you have no idea you are online, so who cares? It seems like making a big deal out of nothing to me, like refusing to rent from Netflix anymore because the DVDs don't have extras, even though you never watched them.
    It's nothing like that at all. The existence of Always-On DRM (as it's called) is a very touchy subject for PC gamers, as even the smallest hiccup in your connection can boot you out of games or cause issues. And what happens if the servers go down or are hacked (as happened with Assassin's Creed 2 a few years back)? You can't play the game. What happens if the servers are overloaded (as they have been since launch)? You can't activate the game to even play it! You pay an above-average price for a game you can't even play when you want to. It's ridiculous.

On top of that, it's necessary for features you won't necessarily use. It's more akin, to use your example, to having to have an online connection whilst watching a DVD because of the extras, even if you have no interest in using them.

I agree your analogy is better, but again, if your computer is actually connected to the internet all the time, it doesn't matter. All of the things you mentioned would be annoying if they ever happen, but they basically never happen. Given that, not buying the game is a policy statement, not an actual reflection of problems with the game.

I admit one DID happen to me last night - the servers were overloaded and I couldn't log on to play - for about 20 minutes. It worked flawlessly after that, and I am guessing will never happen again. If it happens a lot (I played Dark Age of Camelot so I remember) it would be annoying, but for now I'm pretending I'm not online.

Plus, I found I did enjoy one piece of online Diablo 3 - the auction house. You seem to be able to get better gear than the vendors have for a lower price by buying online.

but for now I'm pretending I'm not online.
    You shouldn't have to pretend to do that.

I agree your analogy is better, but again, if your computer is actually connected to the internet all the time, it doesn't matter. All of the things you mentioned would be annoying if they ever happen, but they basically never happen. Given that, not buying the game is a policy statement, not an actual reflection of problems with the game.

I admit one DID happen to me last night - the servers were overloaded and I couldn't log on to play - for about 20 minutes. It worked flawlessly after that, and I am guessing will never happen again. If it happens a lot (I played Dark Age of Camelot so I remember) it would be annoying, but for now I'm pretending I'm not online.

Plus, I found I did enjoy one piece of online Diablo 3 - the auction house. You seem to be able to get better gear than the vendors have for a lower price by buying online.
    Dark Age is an MMO, Diablo 3 isn't. There's no need for it to be perpetually online.

If you live in an area with a very low level of internet connection problems, then good for you. I'm lucky to. But a lot of people don't have that luxury (UK infrastructure is not that good, for example), and it bars them from playing games like this. Whether the occurrences of the game kicking you happen or not, it doesn't stop the always-on requirement being a poor decision.

Ubisoft have moved away from it to some degree, and they pushed it for a few years. That's how much ire it attracts from customers.

Grokl, have you played different classes? I'm playing a witch doctor on Normal and I am shocked at how easy the game is. The only boss I have had any trouble killing was the Butcher (died once). He's the last boss I have reached. Plus I just bid on a new weapon at the auction house that will double my damage output.

Are other classes harder to play?

Grokl, have you played different classes? I'm playing a witch doctor on Normal and I am shocked at how easy the game is. The only boss I have had any trouble killing was the Butcher (died once). He's the last boss I have reached. Plus I just bid on a new weapon at the auction house that will double my damage output.

Are other classes harder to play?
    Blizzard has this concept that you are supposed to learn how to play while you play, so act1 or perhaps even the whole normal difficulty is sorta a tutorial.

My first death where I did not feel I died to my own stupidity or overconfidence was to a blue pack of monsters in act2 on nightmare difficulty.

Don't worry even with good gear the game will become more challenging later.

I have played monk mostly, but from what I read on forums the classes are pretty well balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmak-O View Post
    Starhawk on PS3. Very addictive.
    Tell me more about Starhawk... I keep looking at it but can't bring myself to buy it. Is it the Skyhawk sequel?

Solaar
    debating

I dunno, every time I think of Diablo III it just seems like too much of a clone of part 2, not enough difference. I got incredibly bored with D2 by the end so I'm not sure if I want to sign up for more if the game is basically polished up rehash.

I've been playing Enslaved: Odyssey to the West over the past few days. Fun game showcasing voice and motion-capture talents of Andy Serkis.

Tasty or your money back! Moderator fluffy bunny's Avatar
    Is anyone else playing tribes ascend at the mo? Not had a decent online shooter come my way for ages

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    I've been playing Enslaved: Odyssey to the West over the past few days. Fun game showcasing voice and motion-capture talents of Andy Serkis.
    Agreed. One of my favorite gaming experiences this gen.

Just finished a replay of ICO yesterday with my daughter - we take turns playing. I forgot what an amazing and moving game this was. It is so simple in so many ways with an easy boss fight at the end, but it is not a game about button mashing it's about a journey and it was an awesome one. Next up for us is Shadow of the Collosus which I do remember is friggin amazing, possibly one of the best games ever made and now I hear they are making a movie about it. Hmmmm!

Meanwhile I am rampaging over the gods of olympus with God of War. I flinch a little with some of the brutality in this game. There is face mashing, legs getting cut off etc etc. Just trashed Herculese. Shant be letting my kids see this one.

Just thought I should mention that the current Humble Indie Bundle includes Amnesia, Limbo, Psychonauts and Sword&Sworcery + Bastion if you go over the average (currently ~7$). There's no reason not to buy this.

I'm not familiar with that - are those bundles for PC? Where do you get 'em?