Page 105 of 114 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1698
  1. #1561
    It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Widdershins
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokl View Post
    Torchlight 2.

    It has the skillsystem Diablo 3 should have had, which makes Torchlight 2 a better game, even though Diablo 3 got better sound and graphics.
    I've installed this yesterday and already reached lvl 22. I play single, offline so Diablo 3 wasn't an option for me. Torchlight 2 is better than the first in the sense you have more diversity in the world, outside more often than dungeon, but like the first, I would have liked a cleaner, less crowded look to the textures and less blocky characters. Best part is the fishing/shapeshifting and the pet going to town to sell the loot, so I don't have to leave the current location I'm fighting in.

  2. #1562
    Registered User Loerwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,233
    Torchlight's supposed to look a bit blocky, though. That's the art style - it's exaggerated and cartoonish.

    I tried the demo and gave up. Might get it when it's 75% off but the "boob armour" (and other bizarre armours) really put me off.

  3. #1563
    I beat Batman. Great game, there were dozens of hours of content left when I stopped playing after beating the main storyline. That was a game made with love. The overall plot definitely had its flaws, but the final scene was excellent and even had a great quote that I think shows a lot of understanding of Joker by the writers. Great job and there is plenty left for a sequel.

    I'm playing Journey right now, and while I found Flower (by the same company) to be engaging and enjoyable, Journey seems slow and lonely. Not sure I'm going to keep playing after beating the first two levels.

  4. #1564
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    4
    Hi i am playing now COD4 and super Mario .. And funny puzzle flash game online..

  5. #1565
    Registered User MattNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by phil_geo View Post
    I beat Batman. Great game, there were dozens of hours of content left when I stopped playing after beating the main storyline. That was a game made with love. The overall plot definitely had its flaws, but the final scene was excellent and even had a great quote that I think shows a lot of understanding of Joker by the writers. Great job and there is plenty left for a sequel.
    Can you let me know what quote you are referring to? I beat the game but do not even recall the ending now. Your comment has intrigued me though.

    Quote Originally Posted by phil_geo View Post
    I'm playing Journey right now, and while I found Flower (by the same company) to be engaging and enjoyable, Journey seems slow and lonely. Not sure I'm going to keep playing after beating the first two levels.
    From what I have read, it is a good game to play with another person, even random.

  6. #1566
    <spoilers below>

    The Joker stabs Batman in an attempt to grab the antidote and it falls to the floor and breaks. As the Joker lays there dying, Batman says "You know what's funny? I would have given you the serum, even after all you've done." Even as he lays dying in agony, Joker chuckles and says "Actually, that IS kind of funny" and then exhales his last breath. What a psycho!

    I'm back on Gran Turismo again for a bit. Man, if there is a more awesome car to drive than the Ford GT, I'd like to know what it is. That car is nothing but fun. The acceleration is unreal and the handling is awesome.

  7. #1567
    Boba Fett Lives Daddy Darth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Annapolis Valley Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,627
    Finally on the Sky Rim bandwagon! I am not sure how favourably I will view only being able to see my two hands though. I really am old school and prefer a whole person. However hurling a ball of fire was immensely satisfying. Learned a valuable lesson early - don't try to pickpocket the guy who lead you to freedom and saved your life. He kicked my ass.
    Last edited by Daddy Darth; October 29th, 2012 at 01:57 PM.

  8. #1568
    http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tacoma, WA/ Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    1,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Currently playing Xcom, which is great fun. Getting tired of the repetitiveness of it so, I may try my hand at Forza Horizon, but assassin's creed is out tomorrow so who knows. Lots of other games I have yet to open and explore. Dishonered is also starting to call out to me.

  9. #1569
    Registered User Loerwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Darth View Post
    Finally on the Sky Rim bandwagon! I am not sure how favourably I will view only being able to see my two hands though. I really am old school and prefer a whole person. However hurling a ball of fire was immensely satisfying. Learned a valuable lesson early - don't try to pickpocket the guy who lead you to freedom and saved your life. He kicked my ass.
    Pretty sure you should be able to "zoom out" to a third person camera.

  10. #1570
    Illustrious Gambler saintjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    in a pimped out airship baby
    Posts
    4,506
    Quote Originally Posted by phil_geo View Post
    <spoilers below>

    Spoiler:
    The Joker stabs Batman in an attempt to grab the antidote and it falls to the floor and breaks. As the Joker lays there dying, Batman says "You know what's funny? I would have given you the serum, even after all you've done." Even as he lays dying in agony, Joker chuckles and says "Actually, that IS kind of funny" and then exhales his last breath. What a psycho!


    I'm back on Gran Turismo again for a bit. Man, if there is a more awesome car to drive than the Ford GT, I'd like to know what it is. That car is nothing but fun. The acceleration is unreal and the handling is awesome.
    I thought having Mark Hamill sing "Only You" over the end credits was one of the greatest Batman/Joker moments in entertainment history! The last hour and a half or so of that main storyline was so intense. What a great couple of games, Rocksteady has my vote for all times for making them.

  11. #1571
    Glad to hear a good review of Xcom, I'm looking forward to that one!

  12. #1572
    Boba Fett Lives Daddy Darth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Annapolis Valley Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    Pretty sure you should be able to "zoom out" to a third person camera.
    You were right! It worked. Wow this game is massive. It is a little overwhelming. At the rate I get to play games it should take me about 20 years to finish Sky Rim.

  13. #1573
    Ok I just "beat" Gran Turismo, meaning that I got a gold trophy in the Gran Turismo World Championship series of races. The prize? A Bugatti Veyron. I just found out that there is a more awesome car to drive than a Fort GT. The Veyron is unbelieveable. I got it up above 200mph and if SHIFTED at 203!

  14. #1574
    Boba Fett Lives Daddy Darth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Annapolis Valley Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,627
    I am hooked on Sky Rim. OMG - awesome!

  15. #1575
    Has anyone played Darksiders II? I can't get past the fact that you are playing DEATH himself, yet you are playing as a beginning noob with no abilities whatsoever. It is ridiculous that Death would be collecting gold so he can buy a better sword from a vendor, or that he gets excited that he found some hard leather greaves that are better than the cloth greaves he was wearing. And he has to climb and jump around to collect pages of a book that he can sell to a vendor??? So stupid. If they had just not made you Death, and instead a person chosen by Death to investigate the plotline, it would have been ok. The game itself is good but I just can't get past that.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •