Page 27 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Gentleman and Scholar Wulfa_Jones's Avatar
    Still mulling my way through Resident Evil 4. My major problem is I let the villagers take Ashly 'coz she gets on my nerves after a little while.

Love playing Harvest Moon: It's a Wonderfull Life.

Guild Wars was a short lived bit of fun. Not really my type of game, plus I've been playing it since beta...

Did have a chance to play the beta version of the on-line game of F.E.A.R Much akin to Counter Strike, but more accessable (at least at this stage) and more fun I found.

Just went back into NWN after a years break... downloaded some great old converstions from the vault and am having a great time reliving the great modules of the late 70's!
    It really does have phenominal re-play value.
    Ordered the premier module, Pirates of the sword coast, and bailed on it. I hate having my stuff taken from me! Too slow moving also.

Just got God Of War for PS2. Excellent game,really fun doing all those combes and cutting foes to small pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardb
    Just went back into NWN after a years break... downloaded some great old converstions from the vault and am having a great time reliving the great modules of the late 70's!
    It really does have phenominal re-play value.
    Ordered the premier module, Pirates of the sword coast, and bailed on it. I hate having my stuff taken from me! Too slow moving also.
    Do you play in any PWs?

What are PWs??

Persistent World servers.

I'm in the middle of two games at the moment... first off "Ragnarok Online" which is an anime style online game, and "Harvest Moon" for nintendo game cube. It's a really cute little anime game where you have to run a farm... you know grow crops, milk cows... it's WAY more addictive then I ever imagined it could be.

WoW, as ever. I now have 2 60s and a 36 warrior I'm leveling up now, with the addition of the BG's I'm having to split my time farming for money, leveling up my warrior and getting loads of honor with my druid, it's just great fun.

Skullcrusher:
    Maelkoth 60 Undead Rogue
    Tanelkoth 60 Tauren Druid
    Kellanved 36 Tauren Warrior

Ive never played on WoW before....but Im playing on TS:FP(as usual) Destroy all humans and Unreal championship 2....

I'm not even an hour in and Onimusha 3 has me hooked! I didn't imagine it could get better after Samurai's Destiny which was my favourite. The FMVs are incredibly realistic, like something from Final Fantasy X. They've also introduced a few new aspects to the fighting which freshens it up

Ratchet & Clank: Locked And Loaded it's very fun, but I keep dying on an early level (just stupid reasons) and so I've put it to the side for now....

OK, now I'm about 7 hours into a great RPG that I picked up by chance. It's called Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

Dante from Devil May Cry makes a few appearances in it. Average time to finish it is 60 hours so look like a got a bit to go!

I gave up on The Getaway: Black Monday a few days ago, something I rarely do. After many hours of fighting the camera and awkward controls, I said "Forget it" and took it back to the video store. This game had some great potential (a GTA-style game in London is an awesome idea, if a little hacky) but it screwed the pooch big time. Didn't like it one bit....

....but my mood was brightened by Killer 7 the moment I popped it in! I love weird, quirky games and this one is quite strange, though at the same time very cool. Be warned however, it isn't for everyone. A lot of people would be turned off by this game, both because your character moves on a track the whole way through (no free-roaming here) and because it can be so weird that you don't know what the hell is going on. Still, if you think you have an open mind, give it a go.

Should you be interested in more of my guff, look for reviews for both of these games in the Games section soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibar
    I gave up on The Getaway: Black Monday a few days ago, something I rarely do. After many hours of fighting the camera and awkward controls, I said "Forget it" and took it back to the video store. This game had some great potential (a GTA-style game in London is an awesome idea, if a little hacky) but it screwed the pooch big time. Didn't like it one bit....
    Had you played the first Getaway? A lot of people loved it and a lot hated it. I think the ones who hated it were too addicted to GTA: Vice City to pay much attention to other similar games. Especially in the case of The Getaway which required a little time to become accustomed to the controls, which were admittedly a little akward to begin with. But all in all I really loved it, and had it finished within the first week. The graphics and realism, plus the amount of freedome, were all very attractive parts of the game IMO. I also enjoyed the story more than I thought.

It's strange that I loved it so much yet never even looked at Black Monday, not even when I was next to a copy in GAME. Still, now that you've brought it up I might have to test it for myself.

Another point is that the it can take a while to get into, I know I found the first few missions a little odd, as well as discovering the fact that you could heal by leaning against the wall - which wasn't obvious at all (seeing as I never read the manual) So yeah, I'll probably pick a copy up at end up loving it

But back to the original question: Did you play the first one?

I've been messing with history on Romance of the Three Kingdoms X.

See, with the newfangled SJ style Zhao Yun on the block Liu Bei no longer NEEDS to go into exile, which is making it shape up more as a Romance of the Two Kingdoms scenario, plus the famous sworn brotherhood of Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei now has a fourth member .

Quote Originally Posted by monty mike
    Had you played the first Getaway? A lot of people loved it and a lot hated it. I think the ones who hated it were too addicted to GTA: Vice City to pay much attention to other similar games. Especially in the case of The Getaway which required a little time to become accustomed to the controls, which were admittedly a little akward to begin with. But all in all I really loved it, and had it finished within the first week. The graphics and realism, plus the amount of freedome, were all very attractive parts of the game IMO. I also enjoyed the story more than I thought.

It's strange that I loved it so much yet never even looked at Black Monday, not even when I was next to a copy in GAME. Still, now that you've brought it up I might have to test it for myself.

Another point is that the it can take a while to get into, I know I found the first few missions a little odd, as well as discovering the fact that you could heal by leaning against the wall - which wasn't obvious at all (seeing as I never read the manual) So yeah, I'll probably pick a copy up at end up loving it

But back to the original question: Did you play the first one?
    Nope, never played the first, and I was too into Vice City to look elsewhere for a similar experience . Now, don't get me wrong, I think Black Monday had a lot of potential. The story is pretty cool, allowing you to play both good and bad characters, and I loved having no HUD (that's always a plus with me, and the wall-leaning was cool), but some things I just couldn't overcome. Free control of the camera would have made a world of difference (like San Andreas, I know, I know). The camera was probably the sole reason why I didn't like it much, as it trashed some of the controls. I also liked having no crosshairs and instead using the weapons' iron sights or just firing from the hip, but again, the lack of camera control really bunged that up. Plus, a couple of the missions were just stupid. Sorry, but there's no other way around it. The worst was the sixth (maybe fifth, I can't remember) Mitch (the cop) mission. It took me around thirty tries simply because it's all a matter of starting off with a car that isn't blown to ****. That mission really soured it for me, and since it's right at the beginning, I wasn't off to a good start.

Still, it's worth trying it for yourself. Maybe I'm just too much of a GTA fan, so much so that I can't accept a different control style without whining (I remember having similar issues with Mafia) . Ahh well, Killer 7 has cheered me up immensely!