Page 38 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Crackdown! Anyone with a 360 who likes shooting should buy this - it's like next-gen Spiderman only with guns. Build up your super-cop's abilities and watch him jump from roof to roof, across roads, up mountains - it's brilliant.

Speculative Horizons Moderator JamesL's Avatar
    Been a while since I descended into this den of depravity...

I'm playing Rome: Total War and have been for months now. At one point I became so addicted to it that the real world practically lost all meaning. This game has to be one of the finest turn-based strategy games ever made. Aside from the fatal crashes that can occur and the fact that the diplomacy aspect needs a tweak or two, it's a damn fine game. A classic just-one-more-go game. I can sit down a play it for hours at a time without even realising. I got Barbarian Invasion, one of the expansions, but am still nowhere near to starting it...

James you should check out some of the mods for Rome.
    I'm playing Rome Total Realism at the moment.

http://www.rometotalrealism.com/

Basically a bunch of self professed history buffs decided the game wasn't as historically accurate as they would have liked and knocked up a huge mod.

It's pretty decent as they've expanded the map further east and included 200 new units through a distinctive AOR or "area of recruitment" system which means that some units that are unique to certain geographical areas (such as Greek hoplites, Numidian cavalry, etc) can be trained at your cities instead of just bought as mercs.

The Seleucids and Carthaginians start off in a much more powerful position and some of the non playable factions (Macedon, Spain, Numidia) have been heavily revamped and made playable.
    Last edited by kahnovitch; February 27th, 2007 at 07:39 PM.

BLOOD FREASH TASTY BLOOD gollumbells's Avatar
    FF12 all the way

I've just started playing Vanguard Saga of Heroes and I have to say it's not half bad. The diplomacy, crafting and combat are very nicely done and fun to play. There are definately bugs but not as many as I'd heard which is a relief. It does take a powerhouse PC to get the most out of the graphics though but they can be stunning if you have the hardware.

I'm shamed to admit, because I'm in college and a trying-to-quit gamer (I'm only COLLECTING the whole FF series...) , but I'm in the middle - at least, I think it's the middle - of FFXII. The music is upsetting because it's not Nobuo, but it's still an awesome game. Now I'm stuck...

Hehe, no shame in that mate. If I had a TV in my room or could figure out a good way to display game consoles on my 1680x1050 monitor without it looking like crap I'd probably have bought a PS2 and FFXII last week

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    GTA: Vice City Stories on PS2, way better than Liberty City Stories so far - there's a big empire building chunk that works well, some familiar faces and a few challenging missions so far. Loving me some GTA till IV shows it's next-gen face.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    Been a while since I descended into this den of depravity...

I'm playing Rome: Total War and have been for months now. At one point I became so addicted to it that the real world practically lost all meaning. This game has to be one of the finest turn-based strategy games ever made. Aside from the fatal crashes that can occur and the fact that the diplomacy aspect needs a tweak or two, it's a damn fine game. A classic just-one-more-go game. I can sit down a play it for hours at a time without even realising. I got Barbarian Invasion, one of the expansions, but am still nowhere near to starting it...
    I love that game. I always play the overview style where you move troops around the map. I like when you have enough resources you can go and defeat the other families and siege Rome itself. XD

Still playing TBC. Managed to get my Paladin to 54 today. I'll nearly be able to step through that darn portal!
    Last edited by Nightblade; March 20th, 2007 at 06:12 AM.

As a huge fan of the Total War series I spent several months with Medieval 2. The idea is just perfect but the actual implementation leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe it's a bit harsh as the game is HUGE in all senses but there is this opinion shared by the majority of gamers that Creative Assembly had had a time frame to observe and rushed the things hoping to fix the bugs with patches later. Nevertheless, the game is awesome!

I'm a bit overwhelmed by games at the moment.

Top of the pile is Jade Empire (PC). It might be a two years old Xbox conversion, but damn is it good! Great storytelling, good dialogue and characters and a fun combat system make it every bit as good as Bioware's previous RPGs. The graphics may be dated, but the superb art design easily makes up for it. As for the music - well, I bought the soundtrack, so 'nuff said.

Just started STALKER, too, which is quite superb based on my first impressions. Incredibly atmospheric.

There's also God Of War, which I discovered rather late on my PS2. Good fun, it is, and amusingly extravagant.

Then, of course, there's Sam & Max, which I'm now two episodes behind on. I loved the first three episodes, so can't wait to find some time to catch up with their escapades!

Meanwhile, Leiali is getting all confused and disoriented with Prey, and rather enjoying it (when it isn't scaring her a bit).

Tis a good time for a gamer.

Playing Everquest 2 like a madman!

It gets mediocre reviews and admittedly it's all about mashing the buttons mindlessly but I find myself enjoying Samurai Warriors 2. I guess it's the unlocking of characters and the unfolding of their individual stories with each stage passed that has me wanting to complete it.

Debating starting Morrowind again. Please, somebody stop me!

Quote Originally Posted by KidDork View Post
    Debating starting Morrowind again. Please, somebody stop me!
    And why should we?