Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Speaks fluent Bawehrf zachariah's Avatar
    I've been playing a lot of Solitaire recently.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just clocked The Darkness on 360, strange ending that seems to have been left for a potential sequel but otherwise incredibly cinematic and interesting game. On the downside the gun sighting was a bit hit and miss, the amount of light in parts of the game was a bit annoying and it was all a tad easy. On the upside; very atmospheric, great set pieces, an honest to goodness mature game that warranted an 18 rating without being self-indulgent, loading segments that were enjoyable!! and some serious shock moments.

It had been at the back of the cupboard for a while and why on earth I never played it sooner I don't know. Currently also great value for money in the bargain bins. I have moved on to Pure, insane ATV racing/stunt game that I put down to play GTA IV and never picked back up, something I am now rectifying. Great blast of fun so far. Itching for the new GTA IV disc to come out also

I am currently playing Fallout 3 and Oblivion Elder Scrolls. Good job Bethseda! I absolutely love Fallout 3!! By far one of the best games I have played. Cant wait to get highspeed to I can play the downloads!! Oblivion is not as good as Fallout but Im still enjoying it!!

I am still playing the PixelJunk series downloadable games for the PS3. For 15 bucks, I have put more time into them than I have with my RPGs. I haven't played the 4th installment in the series (is it out yet?) but I'm sure it will be up to par with the rest.

I've also been playing Braid for the 360. I seem to spend more time on downloadable content than full on games. I just don't have the time to put into them anymore. I would love to sit down with Infamous every night, but that just doesn't happen anymore.

I'm looking forward to playing Brutal Legends and I'm sure I'll pick up Beatles Rockband eventually.

There are some upcomings that I cannot wait for, mainly God of War 3 and Final Fantasy XIII. Good line up for the next couple of years. Hopefully Natal won't blow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Esmenet View Post

I've also been playing Braid for the 360. I seem to spend more time on downloadable content than full on games. I just don't have the time to put into them anymore. I would love to sit down with Infamous every night, but that just doesn't happen anymore.
    Ooohh, I loved Braid. I might have to fire up the 360 and play it again. Another good downloadable is Shadow Complex.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_rt View Post
    Ooohh, I loved Braid. I might have to fire up the 360 and play it again. Another good downloadable is Shadow Complex.
    I'll have to look into that one.

I cant say I am playing this game but I played LOTR:Conquest when I stayed with my brother recently on the PS3. We played through all the various batlles (not on line). We had fun while consuming a few beverages. BUT - it was a huge bastardization. Mages and assasins or whatnot. I would never buy it myself though it was a fun few hours of hack n slash.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Darth View Post
    I cant say I am playing this game but I played LOTR:Conquest when I stayed with my brother recently on the PS3. We played through all the various batlles (not on line). We had fun while consuming a few beverages. BUT - it was a huge bastardization. Mages and assasins or whatnot. I would never buy it myself though it was a fun few hours of hack n slash.
    I played the demo and I wasn't very impressed. It was a typical button mash that tried to incorperate some combos that seemed to complicated to work well. Not as good as the other lotr games.

Yea I dont like complicated combos - neither my brain or fingers work that fast.
    My preference is for a more puzzle based, wander across the lanscape kind of game. I am curious if anyone plays LOTR on line the multi-player one ala WOW. I have not played Warcraft but am interested in a LOTR version if it is anygood.

Yeah. I wasn't a fan of Conquest either. It hurt my thumb.

I'm currently playing Too Human. It's another button masher. . . 'cept it's not, 'cos in order to attack you have to use the right joystick (on the 360), which is weird and I don't really like that. This game also hurts my thumb. However, only 11 more days until my collector's edition of Dragon Age: Origins is released. I can't wait.

Blog Entries
    I saw LOTR: Conquest and was hoping it would be a LOTR version of Star Wars: Battlefront but by all indications it failed miserably. Currently playing GTA IV through again to prepare me for the new stories coming out next week, I'll have about three days to play it before work takes me to Brighton for a week and I want to make the most of them. It's easier than I remember but so good looking and fun.

I finished Batman: AA and yesterday I just got platinum on Burnout Paradise. Gonna try and finish off Dead Space, but I've got a stack of games I'm trying to get thru.

Has anyone picked up the new Borderlands game. I think it's looking very, very good...

Solaar
    might buy it today

Quote Originally Posted by kater View Post
    Just clocked The Darkness on 360, strange ending that seems to have been left for a potential sequel ...
    Sequels out next year, Kater I loved the game, one of the first I played on the PS3.

Solaar
    enjoyed the sofa part!

Blog Entries
    That's good news, I thought with it being a relatively old title that there wouldn't be another after such a period of time. How long did it take you to clock Batman Sol?

About 4 days? But that's because I enjoyed it so much!! There were a couple of 2am bedtimes chucked in there as well :-) I only have sundays off at work so I bought it on a friday and played as much as I could between kids and work, then hammered it on my day off!

Considering giving it another run thru on a slightly harder setting, and just wondering if I should then do it a 3rd time just to bag the trophies...

Borderlands is fantastic though, and has sucked me in so much I'm playing it more than I did Batman!! It's very, very addictive...

Solaar
    very tired...