Page 54 of 113 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    *picks chin up off the floor*

Man, what utter crap. A great game you'll never get to finish, plus the bonus of having it annihilate your system. I would be raising some serious hell with the game manufacturer over that.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Having read up on the issue, Infinity Ward are pointing to the 360's architecture as the problem because the game doesn't cause this problem on 'every' console. Whereas Microsoft have always known structurally the 360 isn't great anyway, without latest gen games pushing the components to the max and beyond, but basically don't give a ****. Right now I'm checking the warranty and have entirely disconnected the system to see if a few days cooling down will do something. I have my doubts

When it comes to RPGs and MMOs I swear by the desktop. However, I just got a PS3 about 3 weeks ago and compared to the cpu I am unfamiliar with the PS3. I however grab the usual suspects, COD (for my war game), FIFA (sport), Street Fighter (fighting) etc...

I want to get Dragon Age but I was always skeptical of RPGs and MMOs on the PS3/Xbox platform.

Please advise...

I like to rock the party Corporal Blues's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glelas View Post
    When it comes to RPGs and MMOs I swear by the desktop. However, I just got a PS3 about 3 weeks ago and compared to the cpu I am unfamiliar with the PS3. I however grab the usual suspects, COD (for my war game), FIFA (sport), Street Fighter (fighting) etc...

I want to get Dragon Age but I was always skeptical of RPGs and MMOs on the PS3/Xbox platform.

Please advise...
    Hey dude, I have heard that Dragon Age is superior on the PC, but I played it on the PS3 and I loved it. Easily one of my all-time favorite games. I think the camera is slightly different on the console, with a more "zoomed in" view for the battles, where the PC version provides a wide angle view so you can utilize more strategy for the fights.

As for your taste in PS3 games we seem to have similar tastes. Fifa 10 is fantastic, you will love it. As for your fighting game fix, I recommend Soul Calibur 4. It is easily the best fighting game out there. Along with some of my friends, we've easily played well over 100 hours on Soul Calibur, and it is still going strong, which I cant say for other fighting games we've owned such as Virtua Fighter and Mortal Kombat vs. DC Heroes.

Even though we haven't beaten "The Mercenaries" in Resident Evil 5 yet we have started Bioshock!!

I already love it and I've only killed a few Big Daddies!! Im harvesting Ive played a good guy too much lately, those little sisters didn't stand a chance lol

Its strange how I know all the songs in the back ground, I guess I've watched too many movies set in the same time frame. (Mrs. Pettigrew, A league of their own)

This game is definately creepy and beautiful at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal Blues View Post
    Hey dude, I have heard that Dragon Age is superior on the PC, but I played it on the PS3 and I loved it. Easily one of my all-time favorite games. I think the camera is slightly different on the console, with a more "zoomed in" view for the battles, where the PC version provides a wide angle view so you can utilize more strategy for the fights.

As for your taste in PS3 games we seem to have similar tastes. Fifa 10 is fantastic, you will love it. As for your fighting game fix, I recommend Soul Calibur 4. It is easily the best fighting game out there. Along with some of my friends, we've easily played well over 100 hours on Soul Calibur, and it is still going strong, which I cant say for other fighting games we've owned such as Virtua Fighter and Mortal Kombat vs. DC Heroes.
    Great call with Soul Caliber 4. Awesome game.

Blog Entries
    With my Xbox dead I have begun replaying PS2 favourites, I have completed God of War and am I think about halfway through the second. Seriously addictive these games.

Been playing too many things recently. Small sample:

Sins of a Solar Empire
    Trine
    Drakensang
    Dragon Age: Origins
    GTA 4
    Space Trader.

Well, got a PS3 for Xmas, so I've been playing a mix of:

Uncharted (the first one)
    Folklore (a kind of gothic jrpg)
    and Little Big Planet

http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For my PS3 -
    The Orange Box

For my 360 -
    Dragon Age
    Tiger Woods '10
    COD:MW2
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Forza 3

Ordered Darksiders but it takes a while to get to Korea so I should see it mid-January or so

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    My wife and I finally hooked up the new Wii this weekend. I've been jamming away on Star Wars: the Force Unleashed. The sweat and soreness as the result of a video game are just plain wrong. Man, I hope the neighbors can't see me. My wife even jokes about me being 'Darth Flail.'

Blog Entries
    LOL The farce is strong in you I sense.

Nice :P

I basically started Dragon Age again last week, this time as a female Dwarf Noble, and I'm enjoying the game a LOT more than on my City Elf Rogue. It's hard work making myself redo things (such as Lothering), and I'm skipping a lot of the fluff. Return to Ostegar is out, um... tomorrow, so I'll be getting that

Blog Entries
    @ Peter William - My brother got an Xbox 360 for christmas and as we're on opposite shifts he's been kind enough to let me use it. So I finally got my hands on and completed Batman: Arkham Asylum and it is good. Fairly easy apart from a few boss battles unless you turn the difficulty up to highest but not as short as I thought it was going to be. It's got some neat gameplay mechanics, stunning visuals and a suprisingly interesting storyline. There's also plenty to do after you've completed it in terms of hunting extras in story mode and a challenge mode involving stealth and fighting sections.

As an aside this seems to be becoming more and more an option for companies to make a relatively short main game then stuff it with missions from that mode into a challenge/extras option. Personally I'd rather have a few extra levels. But yeah Batman: AA very good rental option or even purchase if you can get it for a decent price. Looking forward to a second one, plenty of room for expansion with a solid base.

I can't get off MW2 at the moment, I'm afraid. Wasn't gonna buy it but all my friends and family grabbed it and I'm very glad I did!!

Also preordered Star Trek Online cos I'm a massive geek ;-)

Oh, and I play Zombie Wars on facebook!! lol

Solaar
    all bases covered