Page 62 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
    I played some Neverwinter Nights 2 OC earlier.
    This'll be my second playthrough, but I'm not sure about my character's voice.

http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm Playing Tiger Woods '10 gotta get the season out of the way so when TW '11 comes around I am all set to go.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have completed Assassins Creed 2 with mixed feelings. I thought it started and finished strongly but there's still quite a bit of repetition inbetween. The end sequence is hugely frustrating, like Gears of War it sets up the next game without a real sense of closure for this one. I liked most of the new elements but I'd like to see them build on the weapon variation, estate management and if possible establish a more complex fighting system. Also refining the notoriety meter would be a bonus, it's still imo a little too sensitive. The game is also too easy for the most part, except some of the Glyph puzzles which were genuinely tough. An increasing difficulty curve would be beneficial.

I've (finally) started on Tomb Raider: Underworld.
    I've gotten bored of Torchlight for now (it's insanely repetetive) and I'm taking a break from Armored Princess.
    So far I'm impressed but not overly so. The camera is a bit annoying (although I must say I don't mind a screenful of Lara's ladybumps) and the controls are all over the place (so I might have to remap them later), but I'll happily continue. That reminds me, I need to install Legend at some point.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kater View Post
    I have completed Assassins Creed 2 with mixed feelings. I thought it started and finished strongly but there's still quite a bit of repetition inbetween. The end sequence is hugely frustrating, like Gears of War it sets up the next game without a real sense of closure for this one. I liked most of the new elements but I'd like to see them build on the weapon variation, estate management and if possible establish a more complex fighting system. Also refining the notoriety meter would be a bonus, it's still imo a little too sensitive. The game is also too easy for the most part, except some of the Glyph puzzles which were genuinely tough. An increasing difficulty curve would be beneficial.
    I finished the game a while ago and I think you nailed it on the head as to what needs to be refined for the next installment. The biggest problem that I have is that once you have the counter attack move the game is far to easy. A new fighting system would be a great improvement. Of course you would not have to fight quite as much if the notoriety meter was not as sensitive as you stated above.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I found myself just assassinating rooftop guards out of habit by the end of the game. In that regard I think more can be done with the capes/cloaks to offset the notoriety issues. For instance a greater variety would make it a thoughtful challenge - one where ground guards are more sensitive to your actions but rooftop guards less so, one where stealing is ignored but any act of violence is immediately detected. This would make you think what your goal is and how best to pull it off using a certain type of cloak. It's a classic RPG element that I think would work well if the right balance could be found, so you're not changing capes every ten seconds but it is useful enough to be regularly considered whilst playing.

The fighting system is better than the first game but counter-attack or disarm prevents the fights from being a legitimate contest, also the grab move on pikemen is a cop out as there is absolutely no skill involved. I think the intent behind the fighting system is off personally, for a game called Assassins Creed I seem to end up fighting large clusters of guards far too regularly and in comparison the stealth elements are almost non-existent. If I get into a scrap with 5-10 guards I should be killed - unless I have an insane mastery of the game's fighting controls and am half mad - not know I'm going to walk away healthy from regular occurrences.

Forgot to mention in my first post - really enjoyed the assassins tombs, hope to see more of them and a lot more complex.

All said though I think if they get it even half right this could turn into an absolutely brilliant game, at least they seem to be learning and making big improvements on each new version. Fingers crossed for AC3

Beat FF13 and am now maxing out the game file. (Actually beat it a long time ago but before I had it mastered my younger sister saved over my game file ;_.

Good to see some positive Heavy Rain impressions, as I thought it was a very good game as well. It is one of the few games that I felt compelled to lend out to friends, much like with a good book. Probably because I also knew that they would not normally purchase this type of game on their own as well.

I have been playing Mass Effect 2 as of late, and I am enjoying it a lot. When it is all said and done, I will likely consider it to be one of my all time favorite gaming experiences. I really felt that, while I enjoyed the first, ME2 improved on everything and made it a joy to play from start to finish. Even when I lost my initial safe file, I didn't mind replaying the first few hours again. Normally, that would be it for most games, but ME2 is just that damn good.

Currently, in ME2, I am
    Spoiler:
    doing the loyalty quest for the Geth character, which is my last one to do. Then I imagine I will be hopping into the Omega 4 relay and rocketing to the end of the game. I have enough time blocked off this weekend where I should be able to finish it all up. Finally!

I've just started playing Monster Hunter 3. It's my first experience with the series, but so far it's great fun. I couldn't decide if I wanted to buy it or not, as there were aspects that didn't seem like they'd be for me (such as a large online component -- can't stand the social skills and attitudes of most online gamers in an environment that doesn't allow me to adequately filter those I play with). I eventually did the preorder and picked up a demo disc from my local shop. I was pretty quickly hooked on fighting giant lizards.The weapon designs are completely unreasonable, but fun. The enemies are pretty unforgiving until you figure them out a bit, and then you still have to be pretty much on your toes. I'd encourage Wii people to check it out.

Blog Entries
    After Assassins Creed 2 I opted for Lost Planet and am unsure what to think. The graphics are a bit samey, it all seems a little easy so far and the control system is sluggish. On the other hand, lots of big monsters, lots of firepower and I'm hoping some desperate last second rushing to find more thermal energy.

I just ran through L4D2's "The Passing" on Single Player.

Spoilers below...
    Spoiler:
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Terrible isn't the word. It takes the worst elements of vanilla L4D2 and makes them worse. Constant special infected who do ridiculous amounts of damage, useless bots, a story held together with the finest threads you'll ever see... I know it's free, but still. Not impressed at all, especially with how much they were going on about it.
    It's like The Parish had a baby with Hard Rain and Dead Centre, and then dropped it on its head or something. It slots in between Dead Centre and Dark Carnival, and links L4D1 and L4D2, but in a very poor way. Valve have said L4D1 gets DLC to link the two and there's a "comic" coming out, but I think it should have been done in Chronological order, so L4D1 + Comic then L4D2.
    Regardless, I'm not looking forward to playing this with my clan on Saturday.

Working my way slowly through God of War 3. I haven't really played the other 2 but this has still been enjoyable. Took me a while to get used to the fixed camera and controls. I'm still mashing the wrong buttons occasionally but it's not too challenging on normal. The epic-ness is quite awe-inspiring and the gore joyously over-the-top. I'm up tot he Flame of Olympus level and I got a feeling Hermes is spoiling for a fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kater View Post
    After Assassins Creed 2 I opted for Lost Planet and am unsure what to think. The graphics are a bit samey, it all seems a little easy so far and the control system is sluggish. On the other hand, lots of big monsters, lots of firepower and I'm hoping some desperate last second rushing to find more thermal energy.
    Are you playing Lost Planet: Colony Edition?

The good news is a sequel is coming out soon or at least it was last I saw.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DurzoBlint View Post
    Are you playing Lost Planet: Colony Edition?

The good news is a sequel is coming out soon or at least it was last I saw.
    No I think this is the very first version of the game, why is Colony Edition better?

I've just put £9 for a month of LotRO.