Page 83 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1698
    The dialogue is fairly good, in that it's a bit sarcastic and doesn't take itself too seriously, but... I don't know. The voice acting is good, the writing is good, but the visuals just feel both generic and dull. So far I've run through dungeon-type things, a town at night and that sort of stuff, and it's just rather dark to the point of being irritating at times. But when you come into the daylight (As you are in most of the prologue), the lighting goes to the other end of the scale in that it's too bright and artificial in that way only American games seem to manage (Never had that problem in European games, oddly).

If you've got it, give it a spin, because it is worth it for the voice acting and dialogue alone. Just don't expect super stellar gameplay nor the prettiest visuals, because you will be disappointed. I've heard the game called Gears of Warcraft, and it's the most apt description I can think of.

Playing Warcraft III Expansion: The Frozen Throne right now.

Playing Portal 2 - good fun (and uses the brain a bit too which is good!)

Preorders coming up:

Battlefield 3
    Gears of War 3
    Next Modern Warfare installment.

I love my 1st person shooters!

And third person ones too, going by Gears of War

Portal 2 was good, but it wasn't as taxing as Portal, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    And third person ones too, going by Gears of War .
    Yeah you're right.

I find that nearly all 3rd person shooters don't gel with me, whereas 1st person's do, but I do like the Gears of War games and my brain automatically lumped it into 1st person.

Portal 2's a lot prettier too.

I'm currently playing through the original Deus Ex in anticipation of Deus Ex: Human Revolution! Anyone else preorder it yet?

I have Human Revolution preordered too, one of my most anticipated games of the year. Lets hope it's more like the original, than the second one!
    Looking at what's still coming this year, I'm really worried for my social life. Arkham City, the Metal Gear HD Collection, Human Revolution and especially Uncharted 3 and Dark Souls will take a loooooot of my time.

*double post*
    Last edited by cule; August 7th, 2011 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cule View Post
    I have Human Revolution preordered too, one of my most anticipated games of the year. Lets hope it's more like the original, than the second one!
    Looking at what's still coming this year, I'm really worried for my social life. Arkham City, the Metal Gear HD Collection, Human Revolution and especially Uncharted 3 and Dark Souls will take a loooooot of my time.
    I didn't mind the 2nd, but Human Revolution seems to really be a spiritual successor to the 1st. Have you played around with the Sarif Industries site at all? There's a feature that lets you add augmentations to your photo.

I picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum for 7.50 on Steam a couple weeks ago and I'm still floored. What an amazing achievement in the field of Batmanism. Probably the best superhero game I've ever played (it's really only even contested by that Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Rampage or whatever it was called in my book).

I've also been playing a ridiculous amount of Shogun 2: Total War. The Total War series hasn't let me down yet!

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    I picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum for 7.50 on Steam a couple weeks ago and I'm still floored. What an amazing achievement in the field of Batmanism. Probably the best superhero game I've ever played (it's really only even contested by that Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Rampage or whatever it was called in my book).
    And Arkham City due in a few months, which looks even better

It's the last time Mark Hamill will be voicing the Joker, sadly, and Arleen Sorkin won't be back for the lovely and bubbly Harley Quinn, so our "Mistuh Jay" comments will be coming from someone else.

Cannot wait for AC, though. Arkham Asylum was a staggeringly well-made title, and one of the few I've played that truly deserved "Game of the Year".

I don't know why Mark Hammill would slam the door on being the Joker. It's a pretty sweet gig doing voice work and it's not like people are sick of him doing it either.

Did I mention that I have Skyrim pre-rdered and The Old Republic pre-ordered? Oh man. . . I can't wait.

I've been playing a lot of Civilization V of late.

EDIT: I got to watch someone play TOR tonight. Someone close to me got taken on as a beta tester. Woot woot!
    Last edited by NickeeCoco; August 10th, 2011 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    I don't know why Mark Hammill would slam the door on being the Joker. It's a pretty sweet gig doing voice work and it's not like people are sick of him doing it either.
    It's not that he's slamming the door, it's that he's done the role for a number of years and he's not exactly getting any younger. I'm not sure the exact reasons for him leaving, but he has said/implied that he's like to end on a high note, which is why he'd originally planned to stop with Arkham Asylum.