Page 91 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1689
    I'd be tempted to try out Skyrim, but I think I'll wait to see how much it is during the Steam xmas sale

I'd be tempted to try out Skyrim, but the PC I have couldn't run Oblivion smoothly when it came out 5.5 years ago. I doubt it would do anything at all with Skyrim...probably just curl up and emit a brief wisp of smoke.

You know how I know my wife is great? She gave me Arkahm City for my birthday. So far, it is lots of fun.

I just got home with my pre-ordered copy of Skyrim. I have to admit I called in sick today. I love Elder Scrolls. Off to play I go!

I like to rock the party Corporal Blues's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickeeCoco View Post
    I just got home with my pre-ordered copy of Skyrim. I have to admit I called in sick today. I love Elder Scrolls. Off to play I go!
    So Jealous! It is taking every ounce of willpower I possess to not buy this game. I know my motivation for school, and all other aspects of my life will fall by the wayside if I get Skyrim.

ENJOY!

A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    Batman - Arkham Asylum.

Borrowed from my OH's brother. So far it's great although I think I've missed a lot of the sub-task about finding out about the history of Arkham. Just realised I wasn't pushing a button correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuffalump View Post
    Batman - Arkham Asylum.

Borrowed from my OH's brother. So far it's great although I think I've missed a lot of the sub-task about finding out about the history of Arkham. Just realised I wasn't pushing a button correctly.
    Once you've finished the main story, you have free-roam of the Asylum. You can generally go back at any point, too, but if you wait until the end then you have all the Batgadgets you need.

So Skyrim is pretty awesome.

At first I was a bit crotchety over the fact that they changed the way alchemy and the class system works, but now that I've gotten used to it, I'm fine with it. I don't necessarily think it's better than the old way, but I don't think it's worse, either.

I don't really like the inventory system, I think you have to back in and out of menus far too much, but it's not killing the game.

They've put in a little more story than they usually do for Elder Scrolls games, which I think is a bonus. It's a lot of fun.

Would you mind explaining the class thing, Nickee? TES never really had one as it was (the "classes" in Morrowind & Oblivion were really just presets rather than actual classes), so I'm interested to hear what they've done.

My girlfriend bemoaned the same things as Nickee - lack of classes and the different inventory system (and extra steps for saving, menu etc.) Other than that, she says it's great.

I've been looking forward to this game forever but she's playing it first since I'm waist deep in Dark Souls...

Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    Would you mind explaining the class thing, Nickee? TES never really had one as it was (the "classes" in Morrowind & Oblivion were really just presets rather than actual classes), so I'm interested to hear what they've done.
    Well, I disagree about the presets thing. I thought they were full fledged classes. You have a class (Mage, Thief, Warrior) with major and minor skill sets to specialize it. It was kinda like a regular class and an advanced class mixed into one. Or, you could do what I always did and custom class it.

At any rate, the new system. There's these standing stones you find and you can choose Mage, Warrior or Thief. You can only have one active at a time. The one you choose will advance the skills that you use under that heading (Mage, Warrior, Thief) 20% faster than your other skills. You can change this at any time. You just have to go back to the standing stones to do so. Not a problem, though, because once you discover a place you just fast travel there and back.

When you level (You don't have to find a bed to sleep to do this anymore) you go to this rather fancy looking skills screen. Each Skill is a constellation. Each star in the constellation is something within that skill tree that you can choose to have, depending on your skill level. Example:

I'm using a one-handed weapon, so I want to get something within that skill tree. My one handed skill level is 27. I look at the One Handed skill constellation and I notice that none of the available skills are actually available until I hit 30. I've gotten all the other lower ones. So, I decide, why not some Restoration? Healing spells are always good. So, I go over to the Healing constellation, and pick the first star, because my Restoration level is 21, and the first star only requires level 15 (Also, none of the other stars are available to me, because I haven't unlocked the first star). So now my Restoration spells use 20% less magicka (Or something, I forget and I'm not going to look).

What I did was pretend they still had the major and minor skills and I chose five of each, wrote them down and follow that. It makes it easier to keep track of where I'm at in each skill tree. While the constellations look nice, they're not a very efficient way of seeing where you stand.

I see, thanks Nickee.

Still got a month to go until I get my hands on it

Oh, and they took out some skills like Acrobatics and Athletics. Those don't exist anymore. However, there is a Bard's college, which the game hasn't had before. Haven't been there yet, but plan to check it out soon.

Been playing a little bit of Skyrim. It's pretty badass. I'm currently a level 7 nord. I've killed a dragon and I'm currently on a mission to meet the greybeards. Unfortunately, a frost troll just walloped me pretty good on the million steps you have to go up to meet them. That's where i left it last night when the special lady friend said she had not interest in me fighting and crying about trolls, frost or otherwise. Looking forward to the holiday weekend to get more time in.

I have been playing skyrim and so far has ultimately left me bored. Maybe the whole open world RPG thing is not for me and i need more of a story