Page 94 of 113 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1694
    I played a little more Revelations yesterday and they've included a few mini-games.
    There is a sort of tactical rts one where you deploy assassins and defenses to repel Templar attacks on your dens. Which is kind of pointless as when you lose a den to an assault you can take it back single handed in about 30 seconds flat in regular game-play.
    The training of your team assassins has remained from "Brotherhood" and for me became more compelling than the main game, as you send them on missions to gain exp, armour and weapons. Nice little rpg element.
    As in Brotherhood once you have a team of back up sins you can flash-mob enemies in regular play with a keystroke/gesture, which is quite good fun and useful for those "remain undetected or replay the memory for the rest of eternity" missions.
    The lock-on feature seems a bit buggy when using missile weapons. Ezio has a habit of aiming at thin air or even innocent civvies sometimes instead of his target.
    There's still a few of those empty location missions, where the point is find the ridiculously difficult one and only exit route out of a dungeon/sewer/lifeless crap-hole to find some artifact. Never did like them much.

So a few additions to the game. Some good, some not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    Are you on the PC with it, Nickee? Someone's created a tool to separate save games/profiles.
    No, console.

Finished Fable III this evening, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, especially the PC version. If you have an Xbox, just stick with Fable II, it probably has more replay value. That said, still got a few side quests and a DLC pack (Traitor's Keep) to go, so I'll be keeping it installed for now, but I honestly don't think I'll really put many more hours into it. A lot of the 44 hours I have in it so far weren't memorable nor particularly enjoyable beyond the sometimes stellar writing.

Then I booted up The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for the first time since I upgraded my PC, and I can play it on very high settings without too many problems which is good. I picked up from where I left off earlier in the year and I've pushed through some quests and gotten to the next act. I think I still have two acts and the epilogue to go, however, but I don't mind. I enjoyed it this evening, and I'll probably put a bit of time into it before my Skyrim-a-thon next week... assuming it works.

I have been playing alot of call of duty Modern Warfare 3 and enjoy it (in between cursing and swearing)

I am gonna give skyrim another chance hear in a bit

missing Dragon Age alot and hope they get some new DLC out soon

Skyrim.
    Finally.

It is good. It completely surpassed my expectations, even if it isn't perfect. It does have the award for the oddest thing I've had to fix in a game, though - I had to download a mod to fix the nose textures. How bizarre.

Back on League of Legends. Kill me please. Quickly.

I like to rock the party Corporal Blues's Avatar
    Finally got my hands on Skyrim...just need to take this last final of the quarter before I can sink my teeth into it.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffy bunny View Post
    Well I've been mucking about with:

Dungeon Defenders- coop multiplayer, build a base, defend against baddies etc. Worth the sale price but doesn't hit me as a classic

Frozen Synapse- awesome tactical game. It's one that strategy gamers should look up IMHO. There is virtually no luck, nearly 100% tactics as you try to outmanouvre and outhink your opponent's squad. Turn based. A lot of planning resulting in a fist punching the air or a 'oh crap how do I recover from this?' Tense with a decent soundtrack to boot - go look up the youtube reviews.

Gemini Rue- very Phillip K Dick type atmosphere- I'm only an hr or so into this adventure but it's very engrossing so far.
    All 3 look to be excellent games from the little I have played of each. I am really excited to get some time to dig into the latter two especially.

I have been on a Metal Gear kick as of late, after picking up the HD Collection. Plowed through MGS2 and decided to play the original Metal Gear on MSX (only had played the NES version). It is amazing how well the game holds up almost 25 years later. Now I am going through MGS3 currently, which is up there with MGS as my all time favorite for the series.

As I progressed into Skyrim, I've got to admit I'm... I don't know. I'm liking it, really liking it I must say, but I think I might reduce my playtime for now until *at least* the LAA/4GB patch drops for PC, because it's closing itself after a number of hours and I think it's affecting my performance a bit. I've also put 24ish hours into it since Monday evening, which is quite a lot for me. I'm just not sure I can really get more in without burning out or getting bored. It took me most of a week to work out how to fix the headache-inducing FoV, not to mention the ridiculously quiet sound-mixing (which is fairly poor anyway, surprisingly).

I finished Dawn of War II: Retribution on Friday or Saturday (I forget which), and that didn't take long as I only had two missions left to do. I did it on Easy with the Imperial Guard, and it was fairly enjoyable but has little replay value and really I don't care for the multiplayer aspect so I uninstalled it. Also rather annoyed that the achievement flags are broken and haven't been addressed, so I wasn't awarded any achievement for finishing it. Sigh

I've got Anno 2070, too, but I've not felt motivated to play it. That's something I'd sink a lot of time into if I felt like it, but right now I don't.

I like to rock the party Corporal Blues's Avatar
    About 10 hours into Skyrim, enjoying it so far. The vast size of the world is a bit overwhelming. I managed to accomplish about nothing so far, aside from joining the Companions and the Thieves guild. The missions for those factions seem like they are a bit out of my weight class so far, so I'll probably have to mess around with other side missions before digging in.

About to go on a week long forced hiatus from the game since I'll be out of town for the next week.

The Republic of Newfoundland and Labrador
    Skyward Sword. 30 hours in. Fantastic (first Zelda I've played more than a few hours of since Link's Awakening). Groose is the best new videogame character of 2011.

Can't wait to play Skyward Sword!

I installed Mass Effect the other day although I haven't had time to play it yet, I've got the sequel too I'm looking forward to seeing what all the fuss was about, got Fallout New Vegas too (Steam had a crazy sale a couple weeks back)

I'll chirp in. I was never a huge fan of the 3D Zelda titles. My favorite Zelda of old is probably A Link to the Past, which packed a world full of interesting things to do. The later (3D) Zelda titles have always felt barren of content and too full of filler quests. Skyward Sword is the first of the 3D Zelda titles that I've felt really has that same sense of really using the world to its fullest. If I have one complaint, it's that the quest is a bit linear, so there won't be much deviation for replays...it'll be the same run again. Not that I do a lot of replaying (usually years later). I'm coming up on the end of it and there's only one bit that I've felt was overdone (a particular fight that's happened too much for my taste). All in all, the best Zelda title I've played in 20 years, I think.

Oh wow, I really haven't played much of anything lately MW3 is probably the only game I really stick too, as nothing has caught my imagination recently.

And Skyrim holds absolutely no fascination for me after the turgid borefest that was Oblivion... and yes, I know I am in the minority of one.

However, something beautiful has just found its' way onto my PS3...

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Both in the PSN store now.

Solaar
    happy Christmas

Oblivion was another one I got dirt cheap off Steam and I barely gave it a chance but what I did play seemed awfully boring.

I think I might get both of those titles Solaar, never got play Colossus but from what I saw of Ico it was an artfully made game.

Edit: I've also wanted to play Colossus since watching Reign Over Me, which along with being an incredibly moving film was also the best Shadow of the Colossus ad of all time.