Page 98 of 113 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1689
    I've been hitting the SSX demo pretty hard. It's a lot of fun, and I've been looking forward to the game coming out for years!

Skyrim just didn't hold my attention at all. I played it solidly for a couple of weeks but ended up back on MW3

Solaar
    back to what he knows

Playing Mass Effect 2 for the first time. All the commercials for me3 coming out prompted it and the $20 price clinched it for me. I know I am late to the party, but the game is fantastic. I have a PS3 so i didn't get the first mass effect, but they do an interactive recap where you can make decisions to give you the story so far. I currently have recruited 3 member not including the two cerebus officers. Working on getting everyone loyal. I am curious if the cerebus officers (miranda and jacob i believe) can be made loyal? Anyway, love everything about this game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Quimby View Post
    I am curious if the cerebus officers (miranda and jacob i believe) can be made loyal?
    Every squad mate that you can recruit can be made loyal.

Yeah it's worth some effort befriending them all too, sooner rather than later. Expect to hear a lot about calibrations in the process.

Off to get my CE copy of ME 3. That's what I'll be playing for a while. Woot!

LATER EDIT:

So the graphics in this game are pretty amazing. If you have the Kinect, the voice commands are pretty damn awesome, too. They streamline the game play. Want to switch to a submachine gun? All I have to do is say "Submachine gun" and there it is. No RB to press and go through the menu. I just have to say it. Squadmate stealing my cover? Just gotta tell 'em to move. This is great. I'll be honest, I never expected gaming devices to get this far in my life time. It makes things like holodecks almost seem like a possibility.
    Last edited by NickeeCoco; March 6th, 2012 at 10:26 AM.

I'll be honest, I never expected gaming devices to get this far in my life time.
    What? It's a webcam glued to a microphone, and it was already done 10 years ago with the EyeToy.

Kingdoms of Amalur on Xbox at the moment. Enjoying it, but not the modern Baldur's Gate that I hoped it would be.

Just finished MW3 and I am now playing Kingdoms of Amalur... not normally my cup of tea but it will do until Mass Effect 3 releases.

Quote Originally Posted by cule View Post
    What? It's a webcam glued to a microphone, and it was already done 10 years ago with the EyeToy.
    Well, I grew up with UHF and a rotary phone. Still miraculous to me.

Mass Effect 3 is an insane thing to experience. It's like being a character in an Allan Moore story. I made a split second decision (where I frankly didn't even really know what Shepard was actually going to do) and the Hannar lost their homeworld (2nd time around for the Drell I guess, oopsee-daisy... )

I need to play some multi-player since apparently it is very important to how single-player pans out (plus it is a lot of fun, the demo was amazing and had about a fifth of the content that the full version has). If any of you guys needs the Drell Adept I'm hoping to unlock sooner rather than later I'm hereticjon on Origin. (I also play a mean soldier and yes I did get my vanguard skills up to snuff on the demo so I've got that going for me too)

Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    I need to play some multi-player since apparently it is very important to how single-player pans out
    The 100% perfect ending is available in single-player. Multiplayer facilitates the ability to get said ending.

Yeah I like the whole multiplayer thing though I had a blast with it in the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    Mass Effect 3 is an insane thing to experience. It's like being a character in an Allan Moore story. I made a split second decision (where I frankly didn't even really know what Shepard was actually going to do) and the Hannar lost their homeworld (2nd time around for the Drell I guess, oopsee-daisy... )

I need to play some multi-player since apparently it is very important to how single-player pans out (plus it is a lot of fun, the demo was amazing and had about a fifth of the content that the full version has). If any of you guys needs the Drell Adept I'm hoping to unlock sooner rather than later I'm hereticjon on Origin. (I also play a mean soldier and yes I did get my vanguard skills up to snuff on the demo so I've got that going for me too)

I haven't touched multiplayer yet, but when I do, I'll look you up. We can get a drell?

Spoiler:
    Thane died. Do we get his son?

As for split second decisions, I totally understand. I made one, and I lost a companion out of it. Did some reading later, and if I had done something differently earlier in the game, I wouldn't have. /sigh. I refuse to go back to previous save points though. That's what second and third run throughs are for.

When you play multiplayer you earn money doing the missions that lets you buy item packs which contain medi-gels, rocket launchers, new weapons etc but most importantly new characters, each alien race has two class variants. Drell and Asari come in Adept or Vanguard form. Turians and Krogan come as Soldiers or Sentinels (Krogan Sentinel just seems weird though, think they should have put Asari here and had Krogan Vanguard instead), Salarians and Quarians can be Infiltrators or Engineers (Engineer is friggin sweet to have on your team in multiplayer).

I just want a Drell Adept so I can max out Reave and run around vampirizing people. The Vanguard has Pull though which is very handy against Cerberus.

Hmmm. I think I'll go get myself a wireless adapter for my Xbox then. I've never done anything on Xbox Live, because I only play RPGs, and not 1st person shooters. Most RPGs don't have anything on Live. For ME 3, though, I'll finally buckle down and do it. I have a tech store next door to my work. Think I'll get the adapter on my lunch today. I'll share my info when I get it all set up. Maybe we can go kick some Cerberus butt.