Page 99 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1698
    Quote Originally Posted by NickeeCoco View Post
    Hmmm. I think I'll go get myself a wireless adapter for my Xbox then. I've never done anything on Xbox Live, because I only play RPGs, and not 1st person shooters. Most RPGs don't have anything on Live. For ME 3, though, I'll finally buckle down and do it. I have a tech store next door to my work. Think I'll get the adapter on my lunch today. I'll share my info when I get it all set up. Maybe we can go kick some Cerberus butt.
    If you have a router, it's going to be a heck of a lot cheaper just to use a network cable.

The price of the wireless adapter is insanely high - or at least it was.

as long as that can sync up with Origin, I'm on PC myself but they seem to suggest you can crossover between the two... correct me if I'm wrong I know very little about xbox. Little and less.

Loerwyn: The official Xbox one is $100.00, but if you get a secondary source one (like MadCatz or Datel) they're $30.00. Guess which one I got?

saintjon: Hmm. I hope so. With the amount of money they've spent on ME3 you'd think so. I know there was talk before about updating older Xbox games to be cross platform when it comes to multiplayer. I'm going to try it out with a TOR guildmate tomorrow (he's PC), I'll let you know how it goes.

So I played some multi-player with randoms and got a Drell Adept unlock in the first veteran pack I bought. Isn't that nice? The game loves me back

Quote Originally Posted by NickeeCoco View Post
    Loerwyn: The official Xbox one is $100.00, but if you get a secondary source one (like MadCatz or Datel) they're $30.00. Guess which one I got?
    Touché

Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    as long as that can sync up with Origin, I'm on PC myself but they seem to suggest you can crossover between the two... correct me if I'm wrong I know very little about xbox. Little and less.
    Only the PC version uses Origin. I've not heard about any cross-platform play, though, plus it generally just doesn't work at all.

Well Origin claims it will work on any platform that supports it, I figured if they bothered to mention it at all then there must be at least one other platform other than pc and I figured that would most likely be Xbox. If they're full of crap it doesn't surprise me though.

What do you mean, saintjon? I've not seen anything along those lines.

Well, you can link your Origin account to your Xbox. Don't know if that means I can play with people on a PC, though. Have to test it out. PM me for gamertag/origin name.

They're all an EA Account. BioWare Social, Origin, etc. 'sall EA. It's used more to gain player feedback and to manage one's downloadable content than anything else.

If it was cross-platform, chances are it'd be 360/PC only and that generally is only done via the Games for Windows Live/Xbox Live tool - which ME3 doesn't have on the PC.

But my research turns up nothing about the multiplayer being cross-platform. Very few games have done it, even fewer have had success.

Edit:
    - No cross-platform multiplayer.
    - Cross-platform for ME3 refers to Galactic Readiness, and the platforms are your game of choice (PC, PS3, 360), iOS and "Social Media". You can improve your GR via the iOS game (Mass Effect: Infiltrator, if my memory is correct), an upcoming iOS app called Mass Effect: Datapad (according to Wonkipedia) and some un-revealed/upcoming social media platforms (likely a Facebook app), and this affects your GR in Mass Effect 3.

Phew.
    Last edited by Loerwyn; March 10th, 2012 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    - Cross-platform for ME3 refers to Galactic Readiness, and the platforms are your game of choice (PC, PS3, 360), iOS and "Social Media". You can improve your GR via the iOS game (Mass Effect: Infiltrator, if my memory is correct), an upcoming iOS app called Mass Effect: Datapad (according to Wonkipedia) and some un-revealed/upcoming social media platforms (likely a Facebook app), and this affects your GR in Mass Effect 3.
    And people are surprised that Bioware are now the most hated developer out there.

I think they've still got a long way to go before that's true.

Well, as brilliant as Mass Effect 3 is that ending, especially contrasted against their promises of what it would be like, does not speak in Bioware's favour.

Would someone be so kind as to PM me the ending to ME3? I've not played any of them, and likely won't at any point, but I'm wondering what all the angst is over this ending. What gives?

Oh man, usually SaintJon and I agree on most things gamer, but this time we are poles apart on ME3. I bought it, played it, and sold it to a friend within 24 hours. I gave it a good, solid go, but it bored me in a way that no game has before! I can't quite put my finger on it, but it felt like it had... had no soul?

So, I'm actually back playing LA Noire, which is still a superb game. That and SSX which is possibly the best game I've played since... well, SSX Tricky?

Solaar
    Uber tricky

Wow man. Just wow. Did you play far enough to do the Tuchanka missions? I've never seen so much soul in a video game. I guess we can still agree about movies anyhow.