Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's a blast from the past, the venerable Giarc - nice to see you here again!

Hobbit
    Mark

Nice to be remembered

Y'know though, it's depressing. I used to have one of the higher post counts around here. Now I'm back into minnow status. Ah well, least I'm a venerable minnow!

Hey, Giarc, nice to see you back here again!

I still stop by from time to time, but a busy schedule has meant I had to step down from the admin staff here.

The Melancholy Imp...what a great fun piece that was indeed, and thanks for the compliment by the way.

Cheers,

Neil

PS: If anyone would like to read the Imp story, the PDF eBook is still available HERE.

Enjoy...
    Last edited by Erebus; October 24th, 2003 at 10:28 PM.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a question - whats the difference between the playroom version of this section and the sffworld version? They aren't the same so whats the difference?

They were initially the same. The idea, as I understand it, is to let them both evolve however they may from this point on. So you will start seeing new stories here and not there and vice versa. Also you may see poeple updating their stories on one site or another or on both or perhaps even exploring "alternate realities" that is to say, having the story on one site follow a slightly - or vastly - different path than the same story on the other site.

Does that help?

Blog Entries
    It does and though the alternative universes idea sounds very cool and something I fancy having a mess with, but, pardon my rudeness, it also seems kinda daft. Its gonna confuse me no end, and possibly others though most folk seem a lot sharper than me who use it, and is there really a need for two that will be the same for a good while yet. Wasn't it worth just creating a new, clean-slate section in the playroom? I don't wish to cause offense, I'm just curious is all now I have abit of spare time

No offense taken. I was just throwing out all the possibilities I could think of for what could be done with the two story forums and when I do that I admit I can come up with some pretty daft ideas.

I guess another way to look at it is that while both story forums started off as mirror images, they really should be thought of as two independant forums on two independant sites. As time goes on they will start to look less and less like each other.

Blog Entries
    No you misunderstood, I don't think your idea is daft - it could be one of the most innovative ideas this site has seen, I just thought having two sections the same on two different forums irrelevant of their eventual content drift was daft. Nevermind I'm sure people will make the best of it. Cheers for the help CV

Tanks For The Memories... Wolf_'s Avatar
    Ah finally, a place I can call home.

If theres one thing Im good at, Its storytelling. I've only co-written one story so far, with another guy in another forum, it got marks for being slightly complex or as the guy actually said:

Quote Originally Posted by General_Infomation of commandconquer3.com's forum
    great job in the Displaced thread surprisingly complex.
    so, gimme some time, and i'll see what i can come up with.

tanks for the memories...

under the moon and stars, in my land of books
    ok I don't know what to say to like introduce myself here, but i guess I will just say that my name is Jessica and I am 16 years old, and in the middle of writing my own book. Ever since my join date I have only gone to the Alison Croggan threads, but I noticed this one and figured I would see what you guys talk about in here...

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
    Welcome to the new collaborative stories sub-forum.

This section has been created for all the collaborative story threads that were previously part of the main Playroom. If you wish to start a new story here, then by all means go for it!

There are just a few rules:
    It is site policy to allow any member to post in any thread - this will be true here also.
    We ask that, if you join in a story, you take the time to familiarise yourselves with the story so far, so as not to inadvertantly make any dramatic changes or cause any clashes.
    When the author(s) who begin a story have a plot outline in mind, they are encouraged to post it at the beginning of the thread. Please check the first post of a thread you are interested in taking part in, for any synopsis or plot guidelines. If you post in a thread with an outline at the beginning, please keep to this outline.
    Posts that derail stories will be changed at the inital author's request and/or a moderator's discrection.

The usual rules apply of course - please avoid political or offensive material, and no fan fiction please.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here, or PM any of the mods or admins.

Other than that - enjoy!!

Sammie.
    Thank you very much for this information, these will be a big help to us that just recently a member of this kind of forum. I hope that we could have a great exchange of ideas here.