Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Story Ideas

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    lol ok shak - I just sent HE a pm and I'll do the same for you now, I have a vague idea which I'll explain in the pm but otherwise I'm game and I guess we can just spring ideas from there.

Blog Entries
    Ok..........

Well, I've just posted Ghostly Experiance (yes I know it's misspelled.) Read the synopsis. Interested? Anyone? Anyone? Really, that's rude! Oh, now you've hurt my feelings. [sobs]

Do you people think I'm funny?

Iceman, I don't quite understand your synopsis of the story. The kid who becomes a ghost or has an out-of-body experience after an accident possesses someone else - who then has to save the world for some reason or another?

Don't take for granted that people who might write with you already know where you are heading with the story, - or else leave the story totally open. Either way, if the way you are writing is tongue in cheek with a camp storyline, other writers will probably want to rely on you personally to talk seriously with them if they're going to commit to writing with you. Specifically, I'm not sure if anyone would want to be part of a story that stated their possible contributions as blah, blah, blah, blah, etc.

O.K I'll change the synopsis a bit.
    [twiddles around with synopsis] There!

NOTE: SYNOPSIS MIGHT NOT BE CHANGED WHEN YOU READ THIS!
    ^^ MESSAGE JUST NOVELTY! SYNOPSIS WILL BE CHANGED!

Better. Amyria seems to want to play, but she is still confused also.

Maybe you could expand more of the story in that first post. Your writing seems to be a very original non-sequitor style, so it's tricky to imitate or blend with. Probably it would be useful to give more of an example of this unusual writing style that you want participants to follow. Maybe a little objective narration in there would help to make what happens a little less flippant and mystifying.

Don't just take my advice. You could ask more people over at the writing section. People are pretty good about handing out suggestions there on the general craft of writing.

You can PM me 4 all ideas

Might get a bit clogged up though!
    Now, if you've an idea for a story in this here forum, pm me! Hereford Eye and Holbrook like these so they can pm me if they've any idea. I'll be glad to participate in any.

Ok is that better? I've changed it for the third time and I think it looks better and easier to understand. I just wanted to set the plot though not the whole story, I wanted other people to do that.

Ok I have started a new one. Check it out and PM me if you want to take part.

This time I'm going to post here, 'cause I'm sick of people saying "I'm busy, it's hard to understand and no I don't like it."
    So, if anyone's interested here it is:
    Some very wise creatures from another planet go to earth to destroy a monster somehow after learning their destruction will come from earth.

Four posts in a row with noone else replying to any of them! Make taht five.

Back in Cairns enjoying the onset of Summer
    Iceman....a little friendly advice if I may. Try cooling it a little, and not being quite so pushy.

Feel free to put your ideas up here. If anyone is interested in writing with you, they will respond. If not, all the nagging in the world isn't going to help.

Yeah im willin to 'play' i guess. Me and my friends used to do that sorta thing all the time so i'm really into this collaborative stuff. But if i cant get wat the stories about i cant add anythin to it. And im afraid of those really serious writers like holbrook, hereford, and scarlet... yeah, ill stay away from them...

Back in Cairns enjoying the onset of Summer
    Originally posted by Amyria
    And im afraid of those really serious writers like holbrook, hereford, and scarlet... yeah, ill stay away from them...
    Amyria - this comment worries me a lot. This is exactly the reason we started these collaborative story threads, and why they have been kept in the Playroom away from the 'serious writers'. The intention was for everyone to feel comfortable in joining in - no matter what their previous experience or talent. It was meant to be an outlet for ANYONE'S creativity.

I'm sure HB, HE and Scarlett would LOVE for you to join in their stories if you wanted to. You have been doing an excellent job on the Greatest FAntasy, yourself. I know they can seem a little daunting because of their 'prolificness' (just made that word up ), but just as we don't want to stifle their creativity, we would also never stop you from expressing yours, whenever and wherever you felt you had something to contribute.

Trust me.....I'll guarantee they won't bite. They are very keen to write with anyone - as Holbrook for one, has said numerous times. It's just that there seems to be a limited number of authors about the place, so they have tended to partner each other most of the time.

Blog Entries
    Yes E~M keen too, but at the moment the latest with An8el and whoever else she has roped in, will be tha last I am taking on for the moment. Time, pressure of my own work and real life tells me this is my limit for now.

I have six going or am part of six, though Kater's and An8el's I am not the main writer, the stories are theirs, their main idea, I work round their themes as they present them.

The other four I am sort of 50/50. Though the "Tea Shoppe" is Scarlett's brain child. "Between the cracks" Roman's input far exceeds mine. HE is driving back me into corners like he usually does on "The Map of the Back Side." Albert's thread is sleeping for awhile, but I know Scarlett has a couple of more adventures up her sleeve.

Add to this I will be offline from this evening my time until Friday afternoon if all goes well, so I would like to say to my fellow writers, I will be back...