Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Story Ideas

I AM too a mod! Moderator Rocket Sheep's Avatar

I'm still trying to work out who the well-grounded barnyard animal HE mentioned is...

OK...

Story ideas... well... there is the old one-sentence-each game... where each person purposely tries to twist the plot into something completely different to the previous person. That's always fun... it is the opposite of collaborative tho...

The Anti-collaborative Thread has a nice ring to it.

Blog Entries
    I have a bunch of ideas for stories. Each one is up for working, by me or any others, willing to have a go at them They are ideas, not story outlines. Where they go from this point is anyone's guess.

I would like to add I won't, nor do I desire to be the main writer on any of these. They are just, as I say ideas.

Space Opera versions of or based on:

Taming of the Shrew.

Canterbury Tales, (This would work well with a large cast)

The Mikado.

Fantasy: Traditional.

A Hero's quest aided or rather hampered by the fact he has to take along the "King's Fool or Jester, who has somehow gotten the information the hero requires tattooed on his rear. Plenty of scope for taking the micky out of your standard fantasy quests.

The Lord's return. The idea of the main character returning to his estates after service with the King for many years. To a wife and child he barely knows add to the mix a threat from over the border.

Wizard's House. This is a started story stalled two years. About 20 pages exist. It could be stripped down and used as a base if anyone is willing to give it a go.

Horror/Ghost:

I would like to continue the story which is listed under Demon's and Angels. I think the "Fallen Angel" has a few more stories to be told.

Fairies at the bottom of the garden, but not as we know them.

Modern Fantasy:

A Manor, which is a santuary for all things magical i.e. Fairies, Elves etc. It has a housekeeper, who is a female wizard, very Welsh, doesn't wear shoes and has a temper. Due to a legal slip up the house gets sold to a Best Selling Fantasy Author. Said author wakes up a boggert. Boggert decides to join said author(unknown to them) at a SF and F convention. Housekeeper goes on the hunt for said boggert and all hell breaks out in Las Vagas.

Back in Cairns enjoying the onset of Summer
    You have some great ideas in there Hol....especially like that jester with the tattoo-ed butt one.

Originally posted by Holbrook
    I would like to continue the story which is listed under Demon's and Angels. I think the "Fallen Angel" has a few more stories to be told.
    I'd LOVE to see this one taken further - it was one of my favourites.

Blog Entries
    E~M:

Winged (sorry lol) the demons and angels one with HE hope you liked it.

The "Map of the Back Side" is in process, goodness knows where that rear will take the characters lol.... Hope you like.

I've been regularly giggling at that one as it's grown. The first few exchanges were hilarious. I'm enjoying how the two of you are trading off the point of view. However, in the writing that has taken our characters closer so they could meet, I find myself wanting even more goofiness. Maybe the humor can grow in relation to the abject terror involved as it did in the burning barn scene?

Of course a "stranger" wouldn't become aware of these right away, but I am reminded of all the private jokes that seem to always evolve when people travel together. The teasing and practical jokes would never stop in some circles, no matter how dire the straights. That and the rolling eyes when someone exhibits the expected behaviour of a particular character defect. Our swordswoman doesn't seem to have any defects yet, other than a regretable past, but then again, she's the hero.

I know that it's an old joke at this point in the story, but I still find myself chuckling whenever the map is revealed.

Just read the installment where our joker comes to the "rescue" at the temple and ends up being lifted into the air by the beasty.
    HE, you've got me laughing in disbelief. Love the psuedo-objective understatements. I'll have to go away for awhile and let you two work on it for a few more days - because reading it as it's being written is a little like leaving the Lone Ranger reruns every morning right at the cliffhanger - as I did when a kid because I had to head to school. Don't you guys ever wonder if one of you will paint the other into a corner that they can't get out of?

OK, enough adulation. Don't want it to go to your two heads.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by An8el
    . Our swordswoman doesn't seem to have any defects yet, other than a regretable past, but then again, she's the hero.

I know that it's an old joke at this point in the story, but I still find myself chuckling whenever the map is revealed.

Yes she does, she is a stuffed shirt!

As for what happens next errrrrrrrrrrr............ give me an hour......

And thank you for your comments.

Back in Cairns enjoying the onset of Summer
    Sorry Hol and HE - I've been a little distracted....but I have been sitting rivetted to your stories....just haven't managed to put any feedback in (very remiss of me)

Yes Hol - the Angels and Demons addition was fabulous. I was hanging on every word, and at the end I was thinking to myself "Oh no, oh no....they're about to end it"

It's still my favourite I think. Thanks for giving me such an entertaining way to pass the day. I guess I'll "**" it back to 'completed' now??

As for the "butt" story - I have been cackling in front of my computer for the last couple of days. I'm sure the neighbours think I'm fairly odd. Now I'm off to see what's happened to him overnight.

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    Originally posted by Holbrook
    Yes she does, she is a stuffed shirt!
    And thank you for your comments.
    I, too, thank you for your comments. However, I must point out that Holbrook is not totally accurate. While Gwener does have a nicely stuffed shirt; she doesn't always wear it.

Blog Entries
    Ok, bored...... lol.....

Anyone fancy helping with a ghost story concerning the ghost of a 1940's detective and a middle aged filing clerk!

Oh! A 1940s detective sounds right up my alley - can you PM me what you're thinking of doing?

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Cnaeus Valerius
    Oh! A 1940s detective sounds right up my alley - can you PM me what you're thinking of doing?

Done so.......... see what you think, we might need one more........

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I must confess to having not been this way in a while, much to my chagrin having now seen this section and Angels and Demons in particular, I have the start of something which I would like to see where people go with if anyone is interested - its called Thy Kingdom Come. Having read Angels and Demons I thought it may follow a similar path, the Heaven/Hell contrast is eternally appealing and I wrote the little bit with this mind months ago but never got round to it, anyone interested?
    Last edited by kater; August 22nd, 2003 at 08:43 AM.

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    Kater:
    Always interested. Would you care to PM to me. Suspect you will get response from Holbrook as well. Something about demons drives Hobrook wild.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Hereford Eye
    Kater:
    Always interested. Would you care to PM to me. Suspect you will get response from Holbrook as well. Something about demons drives Holbrook wild.
    Nothing better for breakfast than crunchy demons with ice cold milk

Kater: what ever, with who ever...... Sounds too much like Shakira lol your choice mate......