Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 63

Thread: Story Ideas

  1. #46
    Elusive Enchantress e-Morgana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Back in Cairns enjoying the onset of Summer
    Posts
    1,212
    Oh Hol....does this mean I might actually get a chance to catch up at last?

    I must admit, I have been very snowed under myself for a little while, and haven't been able to keep up with some of the stories...though I've managed with most of them.

    I'll wait with bated breath for you to get back, old fruit. Bet you can't bear to keep yourself away for too long.

  2. #47
    Edited for submission Holbrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In the Shire
    Posts
    4,336
    Blog Entries
    42
    Originally posted by e-Morgana


    I'll wait with bated breath for you to get back, old fruit. Bet you can't bear to keep yourself away for too long.

    No choice in the matter *gulp* My machine is going tomorrow morning, hopefully to have the most important part of its memory removed (My Documents) and transferred to this new HI Tech model sitting waiting ready. I have backed everything up on floppy, hundreds of the damn things lol... As I didn't get a holiday this year, due to being in Hospital, when I should have been. My SO has decided to up date my machine for me.(Holbrook does a dance). This means this machine can once it has been emptied of my stuff and the programmes sorted out, can go off with the offspring to Uni....

  3. #48
    Edited for submission Holbrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In the Shire
    Posts
    4,336
    Blog Entries
    42
    Putting up a thread for everybody and anybody *g* Its an idea I have, was going to put in the general forum a while back, but thought it might fit here. If it doesn't Mods remove.

  4. #49
    Not Elda in the Red Dress Scarlett O'Hara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    640
    Originally posted by Amyria
    ...And im afraid of those really serious writers like holbrook, hereford, and scarlet... yeah, ill stay away from them...

    Don't be afraid of me................I seldom bite..deeply...

    Seriously, I have sent you a PM about something.

    Scarlett

  5. #50
    Edited for submission Holbrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In the Shire
    Posts
    4,336
    Blog Entries
    42
    Originally posted by e-Morgana
    Oh Hol....does this mean I might actually get a chance to catch up at last?

    You will have more time, least on my stories, going to be absent for a while, real life..

    To my Fellow writers:

    An8el and Kater, I owe you both posts will try and do them today or tomorrow. But forgive me if I don't

    Roman: If you have something worked out, post and I will try and get to it as soon as possible. Also forgive if I fall behind.

    HE and Scarlett... you two most of all know I will be back as soon as possible.

  6. #51
    Registered User An8el's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Reading from inside your head
    Posts
    236
    Already missing you, Hol! It seems when you go away, too many of the current stories come to a screeching halt...

  7. #52
    Irreverent Copani Zack Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Enjoying the perks of being a super hero
    Posts
    433
    Originally posted by An8el
    Already missing you, Hol! It seems when you go away, too many of the current stories come to a screeching halt...
    Depends on what you consider a screeching halt. I see Backside and Crete have the Holbrook signature on them.

    Hmmmmmmmmmm, wonder if someone got a hold of Holbrooks password and is imitating him?

  8. #53
    Edited for submission Holbrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In the Shire
    Posts
    4,336
    Blog Entries
    42
    Originally posted by Zack Ryan

    Depends on what you consider a screeching halt. I see Backside and Crete have the Holbrook signature on them.

    Hmmmmmmmmmm, wonder if someone got a hold of Holbrooks password and is imitating him?

    I had a spare hour yesterday..... and managed to get up the posts I owed. Scarlett is working on something for the other two... so....

    I still owe Kater... and thankfully "The Roman" has been in space and hell... so...

    But it is a halt for me...... lol....

  9. #54
    Irreverent Copani Zack Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Enjoying the perks of being a super hero
    Posts
    433
    Originally posted by Holbrook I had a spare hour yesterday..... and managed to get up the posts I owed. Scarlett is working on something for the other two... so....

    I still owe Kater... and thankfully "The Roman" has been in space and hell... so...

    But it is a halt for me...... lol....
    Please realize I was responding to an8el because there have been posts to Copani and Romans as well. I think I speak for myself, and don't pretend to speak for anyone else, in objecting to what was said. It sort of delegates the rest of us to the role of hack nobodies when it comes to writing and "screaching halt" meaning that the rest of the stories that have had posts added are not worthy of being read.

    Well I have read everything and myself excluded, they are publishing damn fine stories and it would take you, Scarlett and the Roman to stop writing for me to think that everything had come to a screaching halt.

    ZR

  10. #55
    Edited for submission Holbrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In the Shire
    Posts
    4,336
    Blog Entries
    42
    Originally posted by Zack Ryan

    It sort of delegates the rest of us to the role of hack nobodies when it comes to writing and "screaching halt" meaning that the rest of the stories that have had posts added are not worthy of being read.

    Well I have read everything and myself excluded, they are publishing damn fine stories and it would take you, Scarlett and the Roman to stop writing for me to think that everything had come to a screaching halt.

    ZR
    Zack... I think you know me well enough to know, I don't doubt that the fine stories here will go on with or with out me... I have never considered myself to be the key figure in any of them.

    All the stories are worthy of being read, because people have taken the time to write them and the courage to place them on a forum....

  11. #56
    Irreverent Copani Zack Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Enjoying the perks of being a super hero
    Posts
    433
    Originally posted by Holbrook


    Zack... I think you know me well enough to know, I don't doubt that the fine stories here will go on with or with out me... I have never considered myself to be the key figure in any of them.

    All the stories are worthy of being read, because people have taken the time to write them and the courage to place them on a forum....
    Of course I know you well enough, as I said, I objected to the way the rest of us were delegated, through implication, to the heap.

    You know me well enough to know that there are certain areas that raise my hackles, and those comments were some of those. Suffice to say, I agree, with you being gone no doubt several stories could continue, but with a noticible loss. Same goes for the Roman, Scarlett, HE, even myself and the others who regularily write here, but a noticible loss occurs when one or the other is gone for a sustained period of time.

    Just like I started the fight for Collaborative Stories, in another form than it is at now, and it's various guidelines, I will open my big mouth when I feel a slight towards anyone or any group of people.

    ZR

  12. #57
    Mod Lady Moderator Eldanuumea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Somewhere in Terre d'Ange
    Posts
    2,771
    Blog Entries
    12
    I don't think An8el meant to downplay the work of other writers, but was simply trying to emphasize for Holbrook that his presence was missed on stories he is involved in......don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, of course.

    I myself am constantly astounded at the caliber of writing here. I am grateful that so many talented crafters of fiction have gathered to work collaboratively, day after day. Let's give one another the benefit of the doubt, a little breathing room for hyperbole and praise.

    There is a drink on my tab for everyone........let's take a deep breath and continue to work well together.

  13. #58
    Irreverent Copani Zack Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Enjoying the perks of being a super hero
    Posts
    433
    Originally posted by Eldanuumea
    I don't think An8el meant to downplay the work of other writers, but was simply trying to emphasize for Holbrook that his presence was missed on stories he is involved in......don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, of course.

    I myself am constantly astounded at the caliber of writing here. I am grateful that so many talented crafters of fiction have gathered to work collaboratively, day after day. Let's give one another the benefit of the doubt, a little breathing room for hyperbole and praise.

    There is a drink on my tab for everyone........let's take a deep breath and continue to work well together.
    "Already missing you, Hol! It seems when you go away, too many of the current stories come to a screeching halt...
    belies that Elda, because it implies that any story Holbrook is involved in comes to a halt when he is not participating. On second reading I will admit that that doesn't mean that everybody elses stories stop being written to, just those that he participates in. On the other hand that implies that the other authors in those stories cannot keep them interesting enough to make readers read them without Holbrook's presence. So no matter what, the comment implies much without substance.

  14. #59
    Mod Lady Moderator Eldanuumea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Somewhere in Terre d'Ange
    Posts
    2,771
    Blog Entries
    12
    It could also imply that, until Holbrook gets his turn in, the story is sort of stalled. I have had that experience on threads myself, where the writers have to to wait for one of them to reply so the narrative can continue to flow smoothly.

    At any rate, An8el is not here to interpret the post for us, so can we give one another a little space and benefit of the doubt as far as motives and meanings?

  15. #60
    Edited for submission Holbrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In the Shire
    Posts
    4,336
    Blog Entries
    42
    Please stop using me as a club.... I don't like the bruises I am getting.

    I merely posted a small note to tell my fellow writers that my time is sort at the moment, the reasons behind that are both family and health and putting it bluntly my business.

    An8el was waiting for a post from me and I felt badly about it... it is up now and she can take the story where she want's it to go it is her baby...

    As regards the others:

    Tales of CV.. once the story began I never expected to work on it at all..... like the Copani story and others I am just a reader who enjoys reading it.

    Between the cracks... will continue when both have time to work on it... I have known the Roman for nearly three years, long before he planted his Eagle standard here and know how demanding his day time job is... he also is writing with others.

    The Kingdom Come... that's Kater's my part is very small the the story can move well without me.

    Tea Shoppe and Albert Chronicles, both Scarlett is working on, she has posts in progress, the contents of which I am aware of and know she knows where she is going with the plot. For me to post on them now would bugger up her hard work.....

    A Map on the back side, HE knows were that map is leading the characters far better than me... if I didn't find time to move them on he would.

    All can continue without me, that is why I felt I could vanish off and on for a few weeks, the only one I felt badly about and it took me time to get my section up was An8el's and having talked to An8el I don't believe she meant her words to be taken the way they have been.

    I certainly didn't take them that way.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •