Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pirates of the Caribbean glitch SPOILER

SPOILER ALERT

Was just thinking about something. In the Movie "Pirates of the Caribbean", the pirates have become ghosts becasue they stole the coins,right? And in the end, the pirate, uhmm. (don't remember his name. J. Depp's character), becomes a ghost too because he steals one of them. Then, shouldn't the girl (what's her name?), have become a ghost too? After all, she stole it from, uh, another name (Orlando Bloom). Maybe I've just got it all wrong...?

Leisure time optimizer Moderator Nimea's Avatar
    The curse is only triggered when you take a coin from the treasure, from that chest. Not if you get it second-hand . . . it has nothing to do with stealing, anyone taking something away from the treasure is cursed.

But, what I was thinking about: what about Orlando's pirate father? He took one too and after that he was drowned by the pirates . . . does that mean his un-dead body still hung somewhere in the ocean, only dying when the curse was lifted from the pirates?

Yeah this really bugged me. The guy can't have drowned when they sunk him, as he was cursed, so he must've just been sitting on the bottom of the sea for a good ten years. The sick sick thing is, if he was still down there, then when Will throws the coins in at the end, he breaks the curse, killing his own father. Nice.

It's a movie, you're going to get inconsistancies (sp?), why was the ship cursed, it didn't take a coin out the chest? (and if it wasnt cursed how did it go so friggin fast with holes all through its sails?), Why did the cursed pirates sometimes bleed and other times not?
    Will's Dad, the only way he should have still been at the bottom of the ocean is if the cannon squished him. I can't think of any more actually, so that isn't that many, though there are probably a lot i didnt pick up on.

But Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow could have made up for ten times as much as this. He is legendary.

The only way his father would have stayed alive on the bottom for so long is if they strapped an anchor to him or something. The other "ghosts" were perfectly able to walk where they wanted under water. He would probably have had time to walk ashore in ten years or whatever.

Well, at least one more thing comes to my mind.

I know this is nitpicking, but try to walk on the bottom of the sea with a boat turned upside down, filled with air and still stay underwater... I doubt that many of us would be able to do that without some serious weights on their feet.

Oh dear - i just can't bear to read all these again....people you need to look here.

You wanna scroll almost half way down the first page, to the post entitled *Stepping in everyone's salad*

Enjoy, oh nit-picky people

and... if the pirates cant feel anything, including pain, why do the coals/bed warmer burn him in the scene where they enter the governors house after elizabeth while they trash the town?

I think the simple answer to this is;
    Orli's dad was the one that placed the curse on the rest of the crew, including (unbeknown to him at the time, Jack Sparrow)
    But it is unlikely he would have cursed himself in the process.

Monkeys can swim

Originally posted by Sammie
    Oh dear - i just can't bear to read all these again....people you need to look here.

You wanna scroll almost half way down the first page, to the post entitled *Stepping in everyone's salad*

Enjoy, oh nit-picky people
    Okay... I went to that other thread... and yes those are all good nit-pickings... but I must nit-pick the nit-pinking about whether monkeys can swim... They can swim... I watched a science program about it. Just because an animal doesn't have enough body fat doesn't mean that it can't swim... I know people that sink like stones if they aren't moving their arms and legs to swim.
    All that other nit-picking was great...

I cant remember but--after the pirates got the coin from the girl--and cut her hand--how did she get the coin back? Did she take it from the head pirate guy--or did she steal it from the chest? If the latter--then she should have been cursed like Depp's character was.

What I don't understand is when right before the curse is lifted, Jack Sparrow cuts his own hand(which is holding the medallion) with his sword right before he throws it to Will Turner. Why?

And how? Wasn't he cursed at this time?

Frosty The Snowman... Frostmourne's Avatar
    So that his blood and coin is in the chest. So all Will has to do is drop his.

Auburn-furred Alien
    Acording to www.movie-mistakes.com PotC has about 150 alleged mistakes.

Originally posted by Nimea
    The curse is only triggered when you take a coin from the treasure, from that chest. Not if you get it second-hand . . . it has nothing to do with stealing, anyone taking something away from the treasure is cursed.

But, what I was thinking about: what about Orlando's pirate father? He took one too and after that he was drowned by the pirates . . . does that mean his un-dead body still hung somewhere in the ocean, only dying when the curse was lifted from the pirates?
    No NO NO NON NEE NAY NEIN! You got it all wrong! WRONG! VERY WRONG!

Bootstrap Bill, a.k.a. William Turner, or Will Jr.'s Daddy never felt right about the mutiny in deserting Jack Sparrow. Remember they left Jack for dead before they reached the treasure, and anyways, ol' Bootstrp was very vocal about his not liking him and to make his stand he took no part in the stealing of the goods. He didn't touch even one piece of gold. Since he wa the only honest one among the party that is why the spell required his blood to be shed in sacrifice for the other goat faced fools. You see? Pure blood to clean the bad blood?

Bootstrap Bill knew that they needed to return the gold so he took one of their pieces, and made it into a pendant for his son to carry. He wanted them cursed forever because he knew they were going to kill him. And that's that. Every that passed through Bootstraps hands, and "Orlando's" hands, and Elizabeths hands was all second hand.