Thread: Reading Lists

Reading Lists

I have always kept some sort of reading diary (usually my bookshelves) but recently went over to Blogger and started an online "What I'm Doing List". Not only do a have a running list of the books and movies I have read/seen as well as the dates or each, I also put there a list of the books I would like to add to the reading pile. I also added links to the authors webpages when available.

Helps me keep track of my doings and it's nice to jump online at the library to figure out what books I want/need to check out.

Does anyone else have one???

Here's mine: My Page of Stuff

I just have used an Excel file. Though I do have a blogger page that I just started a few weeks ago. Don't know how to do what you did with that list though. That's nice to have.

Can post or e-mail code for anyone who wants it......

Registered as What?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbry
    I have always kept some sort of reading diary (usually my bookshelves) but recently went over to Blogger and started an online "What I'm Doing List". Not only do a have a running list of the books and movies I have read/seen as well as the dates or each, I also put there a list of the books I would like to add to the reading pile. I also added links to the authors webpages when available.

Helps me keep track of my doings and it's nice to jump online at the library to figure out what books I want/need to check out.

Just glanced at your TBR list and have to say that Greg Bear's Blood Music, Dan Simmons' Hyperion and Kage Baker's Skycoyote should be put on your next to read priority. They are fantastic!

Registered as What?
    Can post or e-mail code for anyone who wants it......
    I think that I would like to take you up on that. It looks like a neat thing to have.

I just keep an old-fashioned paper and pencil list, although I've been slowly transferring it to Excel recently. I've kept it since Spring, 2000 and it's up to 26 pages now. I'll never read them all, but it does keep me straight when I'm thinking "wait, what was that one book that Locus reviewed so favorably two years ago...?"

That's pretty damn cool, bigbry.

Personally, I keep everything in memory. Which may be why my recollections of particular books can be somewhat... urm... dodgy.

--gabe chouinard
    http://s1ngularity.net

I use Bookcase a program for linux. Its great for managing all types of collections such as books, music, videos etc. Should check it out

Tasty or your money back! Moderator fluffy bunny's Avatar

Reed-Sternberg Cell DrBloodmoney1's Avatar
    Hey Bigbry can you post the code for that page, it's pretty great.

I'm using an excel sheet now, but I like the look of that one

Sure thing, give me a day or two, I am working my butt off 4am till 5pm, only up now cause I saw a sneak peak at King Arthur.......not bad, very Jack Whyteish, even had the cover shot of the lone mounted roman soldier with streaming banner on hill top......

Code to come!!!!